FL Build Server (Slower Prop Save Time)
Title of Suggestion: FL Build Server (Slower Prop Save Time)

Description: Change the prop save time to somewhere around 20 minutes.

Why: It feels like its every 5 minutes, its just annoying.
+ Support
Get's so annoying while building and then it just randomly saves your prop session.
Especially when it takes 10-20 seconds to come back from connection error, & sometimes it just crashes the whole server in general.
I really think this should be done.
Why would that anonnoy you? The less time it is set to save your props, your chances of not losing your props due to a server crash are higher.
Why would it annoy me? Well you see, every 5 minutes or so it does this connection error for about 30 seconds or so..
And while we're in the middle of building, and also some of the times it totally crashes and we have to rejoin.
It's already done that to us 3 times this morning within the past hour and a half.
So I believe this is a very good suggestion.
(03-11-2013, 02:40 PM)Shizzle Wrote: Why would it annoy me? Well you see, every 5 minutes or so it does this connection error for about 30 seconds or so..
And while we're in the middle of building, and also some of the times it totally crashes and we have to rejoin.
It's already done that to us 3 times this morning within the past hour and a half.
So I believe this is a very good suggestion.

So actually we need to find and fix the thing that causes the server to timeout for 10-30 seconds after player's props were saved, and not increase the time between the saves.

This suggestion needs also to be moved to the appropriate sub-category.
(03-11-2013, 02:36 PM)GhostRider Wrote: Why would that anonnoy you? The less time it is set to save your props, your chances of not losing your props due to a server crash are higher.

It crashed 3 times this morning and it didn't save any of our props.

Also I don't like any interruptions while I'm building, this interrupts me every 5 minutes. Its usually a 20 second wait time for me.

(03-11-2013, 02:47 PM)GhostRider Wrote: So actually we need to find and fix the thing that causes the server to timeout for 10-30 seconds after player's props were saved, and not increase the time between the saves.

It times out before the props are saved, not after.

(03-11-2013, 02:47 PM)GhostRider Wrote: This suggestion needs also to be moved to the appropriate sub-category.

Shit I always post these in the wrong section, is there a way for me to move it or does an admin have to?
Yeah GhostRider I suggest having the admins figure out the problem with that.
And yeah he made a mistake posting it in the wrong section, but still a good suggestion.
I just want to say that this is in the wrong forum, this is the MC suggestions. So yeah.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(03-11-2013, 02:58 PM)Midget Wrote: I just want to say that this is in the wrong forum, this is the MC suggestions. So yeah.

You should probably read a little before posting. So yeah.
(03-11-2013, 02:58 PM)Midget Wrote: I just want to say that this is in the wrong forum, this is the MC suggestions. So yeah.

I'm sure he's already aware of this being posted in the wrong section.
If you'd read up you'd know this already.