Graphics Card - Crashes
Exclamation 
Hi there!
I'm having an annoying problem with my GPU. It keeps crashing every 15-30minutes after i start Garry's Mod or any other game. It has been running for a while. They started at 2011, the crashes amount lowered a lot, but now they have been increasing. It's just so annoying how it always crashes in RP situation, i hope no-one posts any BR of me though. The game runs very smooth, little lag spikes happens when i enter the city or when I'm heading to the lake. I updated my drivers up-to-date, but it still doesn't seem to work. This is what happens: Game freezes for 5 seconds, then monitor "refreshes" and then the GMod is a black screen, audio works fine after it though. Then sometimes it says something like: "amdkap has stopped working and recovered." Also this icon comes up to taskbar: http://www.iconhot.com/icon/png/base-sof...ing-18.png
My Specs:
ATI Radeon HD Series 4600
AMD Athlon™ II X2 245 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
RAM: 4,0GB
P.S I would appreciate any hints and tips! Smile
-Metallicer
Incoming graphic card death, I feel ... But well, you could always try to remove any dust on it, check the temp of it by using CPU-ID Hardware Monitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) and report its temp here whenever it crashes.

Also, did you try to overclock it ?
(03-09-2013, 07:44 PM)Darkkel Wrote: Incoming graphic card death, I feel ... But well, you could always try to remove any dust on it, check the temp of it by using CPU-ID Hardware Monitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) and report its temp here whenever it crashes.

Also, did you try to overclock it ?

I have never tried to overclock it.
I will post tempatures soon!
Thanks for replying! Smile
This happens to me too. Probably because my computer is shit, but it works.
Annoying, but I can live with it. Just typical that it happens when I REALLY don't want it to crash.
Need houses, bases, high tech bases or other advanced duplicates?
/PM Wabbit in-game or add Wabbit on Steam for further information.

IKNOW its myby its
1 : power subly
2 : The Vidoe Card Driver is instald in pc is not version for vidoecraf (just reinslal it or try fine the right 1)
3 : you need clean your pc from inside it myby got alot of dust and it may make crashes Smile
sry for bad english Smile
(03-11-2013, 11:27 AM)Qatar948 Wrote: IKNOW its myby its
2 : The Vidoe Card Driver is instald in pc is not version for vidoecraf (just reinslal it or try fine the right 1)
3 : you need clean your pc from inside it myby got alot of dust and it may make crashes Smile

1 > Other symptoms would happen.
2 > It wouldn't work then, after x time, don't work anymore ... Plus you can't install a driver that isn't for your graphic card, as it checks if you got the right one before installing.
3 > Already said.
(03-11-2013, 02:32 PM)Darkkel Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 11:27 AM)Qatar948 Wrote: IKNOW its myby its

1 > Other symptoms would happen.
2 > It wouldn't work then, after x time, don't work anymore ... Plus you can't install a driver that isn't for your graphic card, as it checks if you got the right one before installing.
3 > Already said.
its happen to me you downlaod worng driver and it may happen its happen to me once Thinking so ithink reinstal driver and if it still crashing take your pc to any pc repiar shop they will fix problem and they will fxi it Smile
I think it will do a lot of good to just give the driver an update. Maybe it's outdated?
My driver usually crashes, but I can still start the game over again so there is nothing wrong with it from the inside I think.
Need houses, bases, high tech bases or other advanced duplicates?
/PM Wabbit in-game or add Wabbit on Steam for further information.

My Nvidia driver crashes often too, but ONLY in Gmod. Not in BF3 (which is far, far more demanding), GTA IV, or any other game. Same symptoms. My drivers are all up to date.

I really don't know what to do.
The following 1 user Likes Verenikin's post:
  • tQto
My old graphics card used to crash alot, like you said every 15 - 30 minutes (sometimes after just 5), but I sent my PC back to the place where I bought it from and they switched the defect graphics card with a new one. It worked completely fine for a couple of months, but then it started to crash again. I updated the driver on it, and it that also seemed to work, but only for a few days. (It's the Sapphire Radeon HD 7870)