Banned for spamming join?
Well, I was looking at bans, I saw a ban :
26394 westham3150 STEAM_0:1:58850452 Spamming the join button
19 hours and 22 minutes
[FL] Narcotic

You are really not allowed to press join repeatidly to join the server?

(I did not do this)
He propably stayed (do) connecting & disconnecting (while(banned = false)), and looping that what I said
Yes, you were completely flooding the server. You coulndt have a conversation with anyone because your sentence would get pushed out of the chat before you could even read a word of it. It looked like you were using some kind of Script or Bot to join.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Tyki Mikk
This is quite right too. Last week or so there was about 4 people always spamming the join button which pretty much lagged the server.
I also imagine when people spam join it can get very annoying for a mod/admin to check the logs.
That being said it is possible to simply filter it out, but it's a pretty stupid thing to do, to keep clicking the join button from the menu, use the Legacy browser, it will get you in faster and you can spam the join button from there if you really must. (The joining message doesn't show up when the Legacy browser is being used)
Lead by example.
What you were doing was basically ruining other people's Role-plays. If you are spamming the join button, that message is going to come up in the Player chat every-single time that you do it. You may have not realized what you were doing, but that can get really annoying if you don't RP using a Mic. Its only a single ban, its not going to kill you, next time just make sure not to make the same mistake, otherwise the ban may be longer than the one you currently had.
Use legacy browser nub.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • SadN3rd, DecayXV, DubpleRW
Never heard of the REFRESH button instead of spamming the JOIN button ? Nope ? Shame on you.
Your things went on for more than 2 minutes in a row.
Lol why would you try to join for 2 minutes?
I was on the sever when this happened, OPs name flooded the chat for about 2 minutes. I'm glad Narcotic banned him.