Let moderators use no clip
A big +Support
He has a point.

(03-02-2013, 03:10 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 02:51 AM)Bloodz_Bro Wrote: -support no point of moderators if they have no clip they would basically be an admin it may be annoying but mods and admins need a difference.

Do they really need to have some arbitrary difference in their methods to do their jobs?

Admins Full Power: Full ability to moniter and maintain the server

Mods Full Power: Half ability to moniter and maintain the server, leading to potential inaccuracys in case management, as well as decreased efficency.

Really there is no point to the mod position other than a substitute for the admins when they are not on, but the fact they are limited in their basic administration abilitys "Phase/Noclip" the very thing they are here to do, is impeded, its not made impossable but it is made unnessesiarily harder.

So + support for this, you can still not allow them access to the admin forums if you wish, theres one thing a moderator does not need access to, to do their job. Nor have they earned the trust to be granted access to the area, but dont go stripping them of abilitys they could REALLY use to help make their management of the server easier.

Back when I got an admin position, right from the getgo you were granted full admin powers, but not forum access until a set trial period was over, why is it suddenly different now?
Sincerly.
Alex

[Image: m2pz.png]
On a side note, this is nothing to be discussed in public or by users at all, this stays in the office.
Whats the point of this thread then?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I thought Mods were trusted players who are here to help when the admins can't. I've never heard a mod complain about not being able to no-clip. It's not even necessary unless you're spectating a raid or something similar.

- Support
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
(03-04-2013, 11:27 AM)Narcotic Wrote: On a side note, this is nothing to be discussed in public or by users at all, this stays in the office.

I know this is not on us at all, it is up to Soul and the SA team I guess, if not Soul just by himself. I hope this thread started a discussion amongst them though.

I think that BlackDog made a good input here. I dont really see why anybody doesnt want the best for a minge-free community, maybe this wont make it that big of a difference but I really do believe that it would.
(03-04-2013, 05:15 PM)Humla Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 11:27 AM)Narcotic Wrote: On a side note, this is nothing to be discussed in public or by users at all, this stays in the office.

"maybe this wont make it that big of a difference but I really do believe that it would."

From personal experience, it would make a world of difference
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I guess this can be moved to finished?
Suggestion completed.