I hate rules that use the pre-tense of "Random" and here's why!
There's a reason for the strict rules - anyone can think of some BS excuse on sight when questioned, if we accepted every sorry reason there is out there, we might as well dump CityRP and open up a CsS server.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Syntex
I agree.
(02-23-2013, 09:47 AM)Killjoy Wrote: There's a reason for the strict rules - anyone can think of some BS excuse on sight when questioned, if we accepted every sorry reason there is out there, we might as well dump CityRP and open up a CsS server.
I am a man dresses in a dog suit. Come pet me, and call me Lil Mozzarella. Also tell me your keypad codes.
But all though that does bring up a valid point, quiet a great deal of things could be solved by turning things into game mechanics.
Like for example with propkilling and all that, take the easy step and just create a grid based building system which automatically deals with constraints, and all that. Hell that would also allow it so the more props you use could cost money to spawn.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
I think that fearless is put together quite well. Many of the players do good RP, and the only players that cause trouble are the ones that don't know the rules. This is why there is RDM + CDM.

If the server developed something such as a question-are they would have to fill in when joining the server, it would mean to help the players learn the rules, and once they have learnt the rules, they do not have an excuse to break them.

If someone breaks the rules, and has done in multiple times, they will be banned. Fearless is made up of about 5% Rule breakers, and once they have been banned, thye are more likely to stop doing that.

RDM and CDM does not occur very often, and the larges area that it is used it when someone trys to raid a rival, dies and then claims that it was RDM.
(02-23-2013, 05:19 PM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: I think that fearless is put together quite well. Many of the players do good RP, and the only players that cause trouble are the ones that don't know the rules. This is why there is RDM + CDM.

If the server developed something such as a question-are they would have to fill in when joining the server, it would mean to help the players learn the rules, and once they have learnt the rules, they do not have an excuse to break them.

If someone breaks the rules, and has done in multiple times, they will be banned. Fearless is made up of about 5% Rule breakers, and once they have been banned, thye are more likely to stop doing that.

RDM and CDM does not occur very often, and the larges area that it is used it when someone trys to raid a rival, dies and then claims that it was RDM.
Questionnaires wouldn't solve anything.
C&P: TNB and all the other crap SeriousRP servers which have questionnaires to prevent 'mingebags' from joining.

I'd also like to say that 5% number is probably a lot higher, mainly basing it off the fact that FL has roughly 25,000 Bans. I don't have a statistic to provide how many unique users have joined FL compared to how many Unique ID's for bans exist, but yeah... It's definatly a lot higher then five percent.
As for the grounds that RDM and CDM, does not actually occur, that would be true in the respect of what I was just saying. If you were to discuss it as it though, I could say at least 75% of all the bans are related to deathmatch in some form or another, with the rest being "admin disrespect".
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]