[Idea]ChatBox
Hello,

I was thinking about making a chatbox on the forum, so users easier can communicate with each other.
I believe there is an addon for some forum-boards, so it would be easy to install it.

I think it will be nice..
Also with the needed rules of course

What do you think of it?
One of the minecraft servers I play on has that on their forums.

It's a very good idea Smile

May slightly reduce forum usage though - and I'm not sure how easy it'd be to implement - but yeah, it's a good idea. Smile
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • Theblackshadowofgod
I think that would be a very nice thing to implent, but it would be nice if nobody would spam in there (spamprotection FTW).
I'd like to see this here Cheese

EDIT: just started playing Minecraft, it's awesome :p
(04-09-2011, 08:20 AM)7rozen_7ear_ Wrote: I think that would be a very nice thing to implent, but it would be nice if nobody would spam in there (spamprotection FTW).
I'd like to see this here Cheese

Yea, there need to be some spamprotection, otherwise it can get very bussy..
There are always some spam kiddies.
Sniper
I'm sure Soulripper will known how to install it :p.
And i think you can just install it with some builder. Not experienced with forums though
I've had that with some other gmod communities too. We called it the shoutbox. 1 time in 5 mins+ we could type a message in there. It was really useful
(04-09-2011, 08:39 AM)Biowulf Wrote: I've had that with some other gmod communities too. We called it the shoutbox. 1 time in 5 mins+ we could type a message in there. It was really useful

Hmm.. Yea, but it needs to be a more 'live' way to communicate.

So, I think just a sort of protection like if a user posts 5 messages in like 3 seconds (just saying) it will block it for 30 sec or something.

Otherwise, it's not realy live, with the 5 min waiting time.
But of course its usefull :p
LIKE FACEBOOK? Cheese
We've had it before and meh it's actually a place where alot of people think they're funny because they are "trolls"
-Signature removed-
I CAN SEE WHAT S.J SAYS THERE. BIT IT WOULD ALSO POSSIBLY BRING PEOPLE CLOSER, AND GIVE THE COMMUNITY A BETTER CHANCE TO KNOW EACH OTHER. LOL.
(SRY BOUT CAPS LOCK, BTW. IT'S JUST CAPS LOCK DAY)