My thoughts on the administration
(02-11-2013, 12:54 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:47 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:22 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:16 PM)WorldWideCoffee Wrote: I like you Rux but...Wow you are cold hearted. If your gonna sit there on your high horse and say you don't care then why bother posting? Let someone actually answer his question with some useful information instead of you shitting on him. Take some feedback seriously for once like Soul is.

OP i feel ya man. When i was admin its tough keeping up with the @ calls sometimes. There's multiple @'s, spam that overlays the @ calls, and sometimes and i hate to say it admins just dont feel like awnsering @ calls. If anyone hasnt already suggested it, get fraps, record whatever you believe is wrong and post a ban request. Hope that helped you at all.

Sometimes you don't have enough time to write out a detailed @ message.
It could have just been a RDM and you didn't catch their name, and they were getting away. Or whilst you were getting shot.
Just as he describes it.

If you really want us to help you, try something more informative than "admin 2 me" or "COME HERE QUICK". We'd like informative and non-aggressive messages in the @ messages, that would make us able to quicker solve your problem and get on to the next case.

Then call us afterwards.

They might have gotten away by then. <3
(02-11-2013, 01:06 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:54 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:47 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:22 PM)Narcotic Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:16 PM)WorldWideCoffee Wrote: I like you Rux but...Wow you are cold hearted. If your gonna sit there on your high horse and say you don't care then why bother posting? Let someone actually answer his question with some useful information instead of you shitting on him. Take some feedback seriously for once like Soul is.

OP i feel ya man. When i was admin its tough keeping up with the @ calls sometimes. There's multiple @'s, spam that overlays the @ calls, and sometimes and i hate to say it admins just dont feel like awnsering @ calls. If anyone hasnt already suggested it, get fraps, record whatever you believe is wrong and post a ban request. Hope that helped you at all.

Sometimes you don't have enough time to write out a detailed @ message.
It could have just been a RDM and you didn't catch their name, and they were getting away. Or whilst you were getting shot.
Just as he describes it.

If you really want us to help you, try something more informative than "admin 2 me" or "COME HERE QUICK". We'd like informative and non-aggressive messages in the @ messages, that would make us able to quicker solve your problem and get on to the next case.

Then call us afterwards.

They might have gotten away by then. <3

We have logs.
I'm not seeing this thread going anywhere really. Constructive criticism and well-structured feedback is always appreciated.
Note: I do also enjoy this server greatly, so I am not criticizing negatively.

I too have noticed that admins are quite busy. I personally are friends with a quite a few of them,(On steam) and whenever they are on, I can call them if necessary. And, correct me if I am wrong, Soul created the moderator program to help reduce these kind of problems. Recently however, moderator level have dropped down to 3, Ghost, Zealord, and our new pal, Jokhah. Since these 3 men cannot be on all of the time, admins have to be on. And, remember, everyone has to eat, sleep, and go to school, work or both. Depending on your timezone, there could be 3-4 admins on all of the time, or none whatsoever. I really think the timezone differences should be met, as GMT-1 has about 3-4 admins on at a time. While GMT can have easily up to 5 or 6. It is a huge timezone difference when it comes to admins.

That went a little off topic, but try and get a few admins in your timezone on your friends list(If you live in America it would be Fultzy, Jokhah, Grub, and Beflok, Europe is everyone else.). Also, if an admin is ignoring you, take screenshots, and make a report.

Hope I helped-LoneWolf
(Pm me if you have more questions)
When someone says "Admin to me" some admins do go to that person, but if it's not specified not many will actually go to you, stating "<player name> is RDM'ing or random stealing a car" I'm pretty sure every admin would help you out in that situation if they aren't already sorting out a case, or AFK.

When people simply say "Admin to me" A lot of mods and admins get annoyed with it, especially when they are trying to RP or have fun.

A lot of people take to OOC to complain about their problem, and a lot of the time it's something very minor or easily fixed such as the person took cocaine, or they are stuck inside of a wall or the floor, among other things which can very easily be solved by that player, often they just need to be told how to fix it so they don't have to rely on an admin or moderator all the time.

I'm sure it would help admins if players who know how to fix it would give 1 min of their time to tell the newer players how to sort these problems out instead of putting them down and giving sarcastic comments over OOC.
Lead by example.
Well, here's my input.

1. About @ messages and why they're less likely to be immediatelly responded to if they are "admunz 2 me nao". One of my first days as a moderator I was on v33x. I got called via @ by a person, the message was roughly "ADMIN quickly! TP now" - I teleported immediately, thinking it's a crisis situation, turned out he was wondering if door was allowed in his base. While I was explaining what he should do, @ chat gets spammed about a propkiller, smashing cars and people around. I TP back, finding a bunch of corpses downtown. After dealing with the minge I learned that he started his rampage right next to where I stood, before I answered the first call - in conclusion, if I had been there, he wouldn't have killed some 8-10 people.

2. Administrators/moderators often have to deal with multiple cases at the same time. I've had situations where I'm actually dealing with 3 cases simultaneously, which is a mess. Also, when I'm building or dealing with something, I don't really pay attention to global OOC to such an extent to catch a message/complaint as soon as it's posted. There's a reason players are supposed to use @ for help, it's more visible. PMs are not the proper way to get assistance, or to boost your way up the "priority ladder" (example: Propkilling or someone stuck in a wall, one is more important than the other).

3. As it has been said, keeping a calm, cool manner in @ and OOC (it should be in the entire game, actually) helps you. I find it quite annoying to see a new player with <5 hours make a mistake (accidental metagaming, ask a simple question etc.) to which the majority of players respond "In metaland, MEEETAAAAAAA, Metatastic!" etc. over OOC.
It makes me more want to be friendly and polite to you, if you're friendly and polite to us, one way to do that, is to give us that one help, to send informative @ messages.
(02-11-2013, 02:42 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: 3. As it has been said, keeping a calm, cool manner in @ and OOC (it should be in the entire game, actually) helps you. I find it quite annoying to see a new player with <5 hours make a mistake (accidental metagaming, ask a simple question etc.) to which the majority of players respond "In metaland, MEEETAAAAAAA, Metatastic!" etc. over OOC.

I agree, if people can take the time to scream meta at the person they can take the time to say "Please use /advert instead of OOC to advertise or talk about in game information."
I find people listen more when you are more descriptive to them.
Lead by example.
(02-10-2013, 11:05 AM)Infernaw Wrote: There's no need to be so rude to Joykill. Many people seem to have complained about this... just saying.

Including your bro. And yes, I dare to say it : Admins are just doing their job whenever they feel doing it. They just prefer recording a guy throwing weed in a pot while massive RDMs/CDMs happen and then eject a guy's car just because it's middle of their recording.

No wonder why I left, now ?
At the time being a guy in OOC said "Just contact an admin using @(message)", which I already did. I sent something back which was similar to "Already sent one, but haven't got any response yet". Then the moderator that was on said "Please stop spamming OOC for moderator help, and I will ignore PM's", then I posted in OOC again saying "I haven't been PM spamming you, neither were I asking for help in OOC", then he said something similar to "Couldn't you just have leaved it to that, idiot? Did you needed to give such a reply". In my opinion I think he could say just I'm working on it, and it would be the end of that discussion.