[Guide] The Government
Anything wrong? Typo? Let me know! I will try and fix it the best I can!

Hello Fearless

Well, today I thought I should make a up-to-date and realistic RP Guide for the Government. This list will range from these job classes:

President
Head of Special Services
Special Service Agent
Police Commander
Police Officer

Lets get right into it.

CH.1 President

The President is... the President, you rule EvoCity with an Iron Fist? Or, you can sit on you butt and tax-whore? Perhaps you wish to be a legitimate president and be nice to the other players. Unfortunately, this is not how I like to play the president, along with many other well-known RPers, Like Theomenz.

If I decide to become a president, I will need a dedicated Special Service team. You can tell based on previous RP's with the player, hours, or if you just know the guy. When thats settled, I will start the harsh laws. If you start the harsh laws without any Special Services, why did you dare become president anyways?

Many will probably disagree with my statement on ruling with an Iron Fist, but if you don't do that, the seat will be very boring. Aggression in the streets will rise, and there will be constant raids. Raiding can be fun for both parties, especially if there hasnt been one in a while.

---

You can also choose the other leap, becoming a legitimate, non dictating President.

Doing this will allow you to tax-whore, and get away with it (Raiding for the tax isnt allowed). The downside to this that you will have no thrills during your time as President. No one will raid you, making your Special Services anxious, and ultimately step down from the position.

-----

CH.2 Head of Special Services

This is one of the best positions in the Government of EvoCity to have.
:It pays well
:Leader of the Special Service
:Respect

With the Head of Special Service, comes the knowledge of leadership. If you wish to RP this class to its limit, have a microphone, and know your leadership!

You command what the Special Service does, unless the President has special orders for them. This is called the Chain of Command. You should never have less than 2 Special Service in the President's office at once. You should also never have them outside of the Nexus patrolling. Most people who understand this role will schedule 2 SS in the Presidents Office, 1 in the Jail, and 1 in the Lobby. If you are the Head of the Special Service, STAY WITH THE PRESIDENT!
I would never allow my HSS to wander around the Nexus, or even in the street. I, and you too, should treat your office like a command center.

I see many people scheduling out the 3 SS agents, to keep the job fun. Staying at one position the entire time can be very annoying, and can event to them leaving the job. So every 10-15 minutes, cycle them out between the Office, Jail, and Lobby.

-----

CH.3 Special Service Agent

This job is very much like becoming the private in the Military. Listen to the ones above you, the HSS and the President. Listen to the HSS and President and you will have a fun time as the job, assuming they know what they are doing.

-----

CH.4 Police Commander

This job could be very fun, but it requires much patience to reach its full potential.
Leading a posse of 6 people with 4 hours can be a bit of a snag, but with the right people, it can be a blast. You listen to the President, and in some cases, the Special Service Team. You don't take orders from the Police Officers, so dont be bullied, if it were real life, you would probably be written up, or something of the nature.

Another boost for the job is to have a mic, it can be hard leading 6 people with typing.

Like the HSS, you should cycle out the officers. Put 3 in the city, 2 at a tunnel roadblock, and 1 in a patrol car outside of the city. The Officers probably wont listen to this though, thats why its better to have people you trust / know / high hours in the force.

JUST BECAUSE AN OFFICER HAS LOW HOURS, DOESNT MEAN HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO DO HIS JOB, HE PROBABLY WONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT AT A HIGHER EFFECTIVE LEVEL.

-----

CH.5 Police Officer

Your average officer of the law. You command nothing, and you listen to anyone in the government, acception of the paramedic or fireman. Patrol the streets, respond to calls, and use codes! ( I will talk about codes later ).

---TIPS---

Code Names:

Code names are not standardized across the united states, but if you see me as a cop, you probably know im spitting codes left and right. This makes you look very professional, and here I will show you what you should know. (Who knows, maybe we can get our own standard EvoCity Codelist!).

Code 2: Urgent, Sirens off.
Code 3: Emergency, Sirens.

Notice how I say Emergency and Urgent. If somethings urgent, it means you need it fast. If your having an emergency, theres no time for fast. See what I mean?

Code 666: Watch Intersection

This code can be used at the two main intersections in town primarily. This code tells you to watch a specific area, in lookout for a party, or vehicle.

Code 4: No FURTHER Assistance needed

This means the situation is under control, but the officers present should stay.

10's ---

10-70 - Prowler / Offender
10-72 - Shots Fired

11's ---

x 11-85 - Tow Truck needed (A Tow Truck has not been entered into the game, but if it was, it would call for some major Passive RP capiblilities.)

11-99 - Officer Needs Help / Officer Down - Dont take 'Officer Needs Help' lightly, It means that that officer is being shot at. Officer Down is... Officer Down, say this when you are hit.

Know when to call for backup:

Call for backup when there is 2+ people at the scene. If there is 1, report it, and call a Code 4. If it gets out of control, call Code 2/3, based on severity.

Handcuff EVERYONE!:

Officers of the law dont let people who are detained walk freely. Handcuff them and sit em' on a bloody curb! Set em on a wall! Detain them! This is MAJOR for keeping the officers safety. Dont forget to uncuff them when you are done / Theyre free to go.

Know your American Rights:

EvoCity takes place in America, which has the Bill of Rights. You should learn them for a correct experience as an Officer. Heres an example of an illegal act as an officer.

I.E.: Walk up to someone and say this precisely: Give me your ID.

Why should the civilian give you the ID? He has done nothing wrong as of yet. So ask him questions, and if he says no, the hell with it! Just keep trying. Tell the civilian its for their safety. Most importantly, Never Random Cuff. Only cuff if you were dispatched / Got information from talking to the civilian.

Thats all I can think of! Thanks for reading, and maybe we can see a more organized government on Fearless as of today!
The following 2 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • bobbycorps, Rowan13
SAVIOR OF FEARLESS. Should be put on a tab near rules or whateverso ingame.. So newpeople can see..[/align]
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
The following 1 user Likes Rozzok's post:
  • yarrrs
I disagree with most in the President chapter. Else, nice guide.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
But… Doesn't this belong in the Guide sub-forum?
(02-25-2013, 01:44 PM)HellShell Wrote: But… Doesn't this belong in the Guide sub-forum?

Thanks for reminding me. I was going to inform an admin.
Whenever I try posting in the guide area, I got some error, I was going to ask an admin to move it when they could.
Too bad no one uses it.