About agressive RP which leads to DM
Information 
Hi Community,

we were just having a little conflict on the server about too agressive RP which is leading to Deathmatch, which means killing people for no particular reason, just dumb killing without RP.

I've been discussing with Mikey, Flame and Sniperwolf now and we decided to start ban harsher for this. This means, your RP should always AVOID killing, killing is NOT forbidden though.

You should always try to avoid killing in your RP, so if Cops want to enter your base to search it for contras and you are not having any Contras, just let them in and let them search, you don't have anything to hide. If you get a gun out though and kill every Cop in front of your base because you just don't want them to enter it is senseless Deathmatch and therefore bannable.

If you have any questions concerning this place them in here and I will answer them.

- Nudelholz
Dare to think!
The following 3 users Like Nudelholz's post:
  • Penguin, Skaara Dreadlocks, Killjoy
To clarify, in situations where gunfire is unavoidable, it is acceptable.

But, like in real life - people want to achieve their goals without killing people. For example:

You go to raid a house: And there's just one person there, unarmed, as a civilian. You would NOT shoot him, even IRL. Maybe tie him up etc, or just tell him to leave.

The point is, as with the cops, shooting should be a last resort.
(03-13-2011, 05:27 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote: To clarify, in situations where gunfire is unavoidable, it is acceptable.

The point is, as with the cops, shooting should be a last resort.
I just got a 2 day ban for firing back to not die. its in admin abuse the thread
(03-13-2011, 05:37 PM)Docanis Wrote: I just got a 2 day ban for firing back to not die. its in admin abuse the thread

What you are saying is wrong. The cops, in this case me and Flame, were only shooting back, we were the ones getting attacked. So don't whine because you got hit in a gunfight you and your friends were starting.

There was no Admin Abuse involved as far as I can see.
Dare to think!
okay so you made this bannable now? AFTERWARDS you've banned us.... srsly wtf!?
(03-13-2011, 06:16 PM)J-BOI Wrote: okay so you made this bannable now? AFTERWARDS you've banned us.... srsly wtf!?

No we didn't as Sniperwolf explained in my so called "Abuse thread" this rule existed all the time before, it's called FailRP and RDM.

This case just showed that we should write it down once more because the IQ of the average Garry's Mod player seems to be beneath room temperature.
Dare to think!
The following 1 user Likes Nudelholz's post:
  • Pudding Bum
The police job has definitely been the hardest job when running around in the city, attempting to stop everyone from crowbaring each other, but just ending up getting crowbared yourself. This'll make it alot easier. Hopefully Tounge
(03-13-2011, 06:16 PM)J-BOI Wrote: okay so you made this bannable now? AFTERWARDS you've banned us.... srsly wtf!?

this was always bannable, but no one really bitched about it untill now :/
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
This is a litle off-topic, but me and my friend talked about killing in RP and killing in etc. sandbox. When you kill in RP you'll get more satisfaction than you would do in a sandbox server. Am i the only that are crazy some place in my head or are there more people on this forum that has it the same way?
So... if I ask someone pacefully to open up, and suddenly I got a bullet in my head without warnings or just yelling "This is a raid!" 1 second before my death, is it bannable? Anyways, I think that the way isn't only banning, also making people see that IRL you don't kill an officer because he stopped you for speeding.
I don't have a FL signature...
But look! I have BACON!

[Image: bacon.png]