Ban for Space Town
Your name: Le Seul Tetraplegique

Your ban ID: 22858

Banned by: [FL:M] Narcotic, extended by [FL] Adman

Reason: "Propminging, propblocking, huge tool abuse,"

Involved: My friend. I will post his name if I can get a guarantee that he won't now be banned for the same thing.

Why we should unban you: Because the listed reason is a gross misrepresentation of what actually occurred. My friend and I wanted to start a fun RP, so we decided to make a space-themed amusement park, which we called "Space Land". What this consisted of was covering the walls with the material that has moving stars (the name escapes me at the moment), and making various props (mostly varying sizes of balls to simulate planets/celestial bodies) float around with the "physical properties" tool on our toolguns.

Initially, Space Land was at BP, and a lot of people came in and enjoyed our fun little bit of outerspace-on-earth. Too many minges started trying to break in and kill us, ending our nice passiveRP. So we decided to move to Cub Foods which is more removed, and less susceptible to wandering minges who get off on ruining other people's RP. We set up a bigger and better Space Town and everything was going well. RP was going great, other people seemed to enjoy Space Town as well. Eventually my friend had to get off of Garry's Mod, and left the server (minutes before Narcotic banned me). At this point, I decided to temporarily close Space Land, and go buy something (I think it was crackers?) from the BMD, SuperlativeTree. As I was talking to SuperlativeTree, [FL:M] Narcotic must have found Space Town for the first time, and not taken a liking to it, because I was kicked from the server with the notification that I had been banned.

I honestly do not see what I did wrong. I didn't intrude on anyone else's RP, I didn't harm anyone else's gameplay experience, I didn't exploit anything for my benefit, I didn't do anything except try to make some great Passive RP that I had never seen before! As far as I could tell, I actually improved the game play experience for some other players. At the very least, I think being banned for 1 month is a terribly unfitting punishment for me, although I do not think I should have been banned at all.
Because the listed reason is a gross misrepresentation of what actually occurred. My friend and I wanted to start a fun RP, so we decided to make a space-themed amusement park, which we called "Space Land". What this consisted of was covering the walls with the material that has moving stars (the name escapes me at the moment), and making various props (mostly varying sizes of balls to simulate planets/celestial bodies) float around with the "physical properties" tool on our toolguns.

The entire Cub Foods area was blocked off by props, when I then enter it to see if you were blocking contraband, I find flying crates, bathtubs, boxes, tables, chairs and some bouncing balls flying around, you were lagging the whole place.

Initially, Space Land was at BP, and a lot of people came in and enjoyed our fun little bit of outerspace-on-earth. Too many minges started trying to break in and kill us, ending our nice passiveRP. So we decided to move to Cub Foods which is more removed, and less susceptible to wandering minges who get off on ruining other people's RP. We set up a bigger and better Space Town and everything was going well. RP was going great, other people seemed to enjoy Space Town as well. Eventually my friend had to get off of Garry's Mod, and left the server (minutes before Narcotic banned me). At this point, I decided to temporarily close Space Land, and go buy something (I think it was crackers?) from the BMD, SuperlativeTree. As I was talking to SuperlativeTree, [FL:M] Narcotic must have found Space Town for the first time, and not taken a liking to it, because I was kicked from the server with the notification that I had been banned.

I was there for the first time, yes, and I must indeed admit that it was nothing close to what I'd call a "Space Town".

I honestly do not see what I did wrong. I didn't intrude on anyone else's RP, I didn't harm anyone else's gameplay experience, I didn't exploit anything for my benefit, I didn't do anything except try to make some great Passive RP that I had never seen before! As far as I could tell, I actually improved the game play experience for some other players. At the very least, I think being banned for 1 month is a terribly unfitting punishment for me, although I do not think I should have been banned at all.

You were found violating several rules, the thing, as you describe wasn't to me looking like a great passive RP.

Quote:3. Do not propblock anything, there should be a keypad or button to reach the area/items.

Quote:10. All your constructions must be supported. This means no floating constructions.

Quote:9. Do not abuse your physgun, toolgun, props or any of the tools.
(01-28-2013, 08:51 AM)Narcotic Wrote: I was there for the first time, yes, and I must indeed admit that it was nothing close to what I'd call a "Space Town".

So forgive me for naming my amusement park differently than you would have?

(01-28-2013, 08:51 AM)Narcotic Wrote: the thing, as you describe wasn't to me looking like a great passive RP.

Well up yours too! I guess because I'm not GOOD enough at creating "great passive RP", I should get banned for a month! Right?

(01-28-2013, 08:51 AM)Narcotic Wrote:
Quote:3. Do not propblock anything, there should be a keypad or button to reach the area/items.

There were nocollided walls, so I wasn't propblocking anything.

Quote:10. All your constructions must be supported. This means no floating constructions.

I was under the impression that this referred to forts/bases frozen mid air, and not to free-floating mini-planets floating around. If I was wrong, I'll admit that I made a mistake. This is a sort of gray area, and you should have consulted me as to my actions, and maybe given a warning first. Though I've heard that you are quite the ban-happy moderator, so perhaps you just think that listening to reason might interfere with your ability to issue as many bans as possible.

Quote:9. Do not abuse your physgun, toolgun, props or any of the tools.

In what way did I abuse anything?

This isn't the first time I've heard of Narcotic being a ban happy abusive moderator.
So forgive me for naming my amusement park differently than you would have?

What I stated has nothing to do with the name that you gave your amusement park, by what I said, I meant that it didn't look like "Space Town", as you called it, more like propminging to me.

Well up yours too! I guess because I'm not GOOD enough at creating "great passive RP", I should get banned for a month! Right?

This has absolutely nothing to do with not being good enough at anything, we don't sit here banning for people who fail to passively roleplay, nor were you, the reason that was given for your ban is stated by yourself in the OP.

There were nocollided walls, so I wasn't propblocking anything.

Nocollided or not, it is blocking off an area, the rule states:

I also do not recall it being nocollided as I walked in to it in order to get inside, without result.

I was under the impression that this referred to forts/bases frozen mid air, and not to free-floating mini-planets floating around. If I was wrong, I'll admit that I made a mistake. This is a sort of gray area, and you should have consulted me as to my actions, and maybe given a warning first. Though I've heard that you are quite the ban-happy moderator, so perhaps you just think that listening to reason might interfere with your ability to issue as many bans as possible.

The rule refeers to floating crates and boxes too, although you had a few of those "mini-planets", though they were uncontrollably floating around, so was the other props. As for your statement about my moderation, I can only take that as feedback.

In what way did I abuse anything?

This isn't the first time I've heard of Narcotic being a ban happy abusive moderator

You abused your toolgun to launch props that weren't supposed to "fly" up in the air.

You can gather evidence and file a report against me in the admin abuse section.
Denied.