make it failrp to taze someone shooting at you
In an active firefight, where you're being fired at, you think tunnel vision isn't setting in?
You want to stop the threat and per your training.
(01-22-2013, 07:49 PM)Bane Wrote: In an active firefight, where you're being fired at, you think tunnel vision isn't setting in?

I'll stop the threat however I feel I wish to.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(01-22-2013, 07:49 PM)Bane Wrote: In an active firefight, where you're being fired at, you think tunnel vision isn't setting in?

Not with a tazer you won't.
ak47 armed crazed asshole with kevlar firing directly at you
Hurr durr run up and taze

(01-22-2013, 09:16 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:

Exactly, it's failrp. Theyd run up and get shot down.
(01-22-2013, 11:35 PM)Bane Wrote: ak47 armed crazed *** with kevlar firing directly at you

That's rather broad saying shooting. Most people would sneak around and then taze the guy. The fact is, however, that this is not failrp or breaking fear rp. After someone starts shooting, you start resisting in order to save your life, since a new type of fear rp come into play.
(01-22-2013, 11:48 PM)Teh Time Rider Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 11:35 PM)Bane Wrote: ak47 armed crazed *** with kevlar firing directly at you

That's rather broad saying shooting. Most people would sneak around and then taze the guy. The fact is, however, that this is not failrp or breaking fear rp. After someone starts shooting, you start resisting in order to save your life, since a new type of fear rp come into play.

You clearly did not read my post I posted earlier, about muscle spasms and stuff. If a cop sneaked up on an armed person there would still run the risk of muscle spasms which can put many people in danger.

Now despite all this real life tasers are ranged weaponry which is completely different, as cops tell the people to get on the ground, cops should never tase someone who has a gun in their hand due to the reason I stated above.

Even if you search around I doubt you will find a cop using a taser against a man that actually has a gun in his hand, which would ruin safety protocols and endanger overs resulting the in the cops demotion. (If the man has a gun but has it down they will use it as there is no danger if he does not hold it.)

Now in this server it's even worse because not only does this apply, the taser is a point blank weapon it's basically bringing a knife to a gun fight, wouldn't be done in real life. Sneaking up on someone is not so easy, in fact sneaking up on someone runs the risk of him hearing you and blasting the hostages face open, you would be the one who would be blamed and demoted. You are supposed to fear for the hostages life and consider the person who has him hostage as unstable, but that still doesn't mean you can't negotiate with him.

In the end tasing someone who has a weapon pointed at someone is breaking FearRP in the server, and in real life runs the risk of being demoted.

While you are right about when someone starts shooting, the FearRP goes from being afraid of being shot/the hostage being shot to destroying the problem or getting away, therefore running away is allowed and so is pulling your own gun out (only after they had shot initially)
Lead by example.
I was argueing with a cop who I saw cuff a guy pointing a gun at him, claiming that it WASNT fearRP. I said "If someone pointed a gun at you, would you cuff them?" He said "no i would punch them in the face"

(01-23-2013, 12:38 AM)Al sevenfold Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 11:48 PM)Teh Time Rider Wrote:

You clearly did not read my post I posted earlier, about muscle spasms and stuff. If a cop sneaked up on an armed person there would still run the risk of muscle spasms which can put many people in danger.

Now despite all this real life tasers are ranged weaponry which is completely different, as cops tell the people to get on the ground, cops should never tase someone who has a gun in their hand due to the reason I stated above.

Even if you search around I doubt you will find a cop using a taser against a man that actually has a gun in his hand, which would ruin safety protocols and endanger overs resulting the in the cops demotion. (If the man has a gun but has it down they will use it as there is no danger if he does not hold it.)

Now in this server it's even worse because not only does this apply, the taser is a point blank weapon it's basically bringing a knife to a gun fight, wouldn't be done in real life. Sneaking up on someone is not so easy, in fact sneaking up on someone runs the risk of him hearing you and blasting the hostages face open, you would be the one who would be blamed and demoted. You are supposed to fear for the hostages life and consider the person who has him hostage as unstable, but that still doesn't mean you can't negotiate with him.

In the end tasing someone who has a weapon pointed at someone is breaking FearRP in the server, and in real life runs the risk of being demoted.

While you are right about when someone starts shooting, the FearRP goes from being afraid of being shot/the hostage being shot to destroying the problem or getting away, therefore running away is allowed and so is pulling your own gun out (only after they had shot initially)
In a non hostage situation, tazer would still be viable though. This suggestion is about people shooting, not holding hostages.
If someone is shooting at you, you wouldn't even want the person to be in public anymore. He should be shot dead.
Lead by example.
(01-23-2013, 01:07 AM)Al sevenfold Wrote: If someone is shooting at you, you wouldn't even want the person to be in public anymore. He should be shot dead.
Really? You would be the one to take the shot? I certainly wouldn't, with my set of morals. I would, however, taze someone.