make it failrp to taze someone shooting at you
Failrp for cops taze during fight

Make it bannable failrp for a cop that youre pumping with lead to just run up and taze you.

In real life, in an active firefight youre going to be shot or stealthily tazed.

Most likely shot though. Why? Because tunnel vision
That is Breaking FearRP...

Next time you see police officers (or anyone for that matter) break FearRP, call an administrator/moderator via @ or record and post a ban request.

Also, this really isn't a suggestion as this is in the rules.
(01-22-2013, 11:00 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote: That is Breaking FearRP...

Next time you see police officers (or anyone for that matter) break FearRP, call an administrator/moderator via @ or record and post a ban request.

Actually, Holdem says something completely different.
(12-04-2012, 01:20 PM)Holdem Wrote:
Gareth Philp Wrote:So if I'm near a rock and they start shooting, as a cop, I can then run behind the rock for cover and return fire? I did this and was told off by a few people on the server, there were no staff on so I just assumed all of them were right and I was wrong? But like you said, you're not just going to stand there and let them turn from holding you on the ground to starting to shoot at you. IRL I would find cover asap. Is that rule abiding?

If someone starts shooting at you, Fear RP will still be in effect, but differently. You see, if someone aims a weapon at you, you don't move because you're scared of being shot. If someone starts actually shooting at you, you are scared of being hit therefore you run/get cover.

In other words, if someone is actually trying to kill you, not just threatening you, you can run/hide/shoot back and whatnot.
From the "Questions about Rules" thread.
(01-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Teh Time Rider Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 11:00 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote: That is Breaking FearRP...

Actually, Holdem says something completely different.
(12-04-2012, 01:20 PM)Holdem Wrote:
Gareth Philp Wrote:So if I'm near a rock and they start shooting, as a cop, I can then run behind the rock for cover and return fire? I did this and was told off by a few people on the server, there were no staff on so I just assumed all of them were right and I was wrong? But like you said, you're not just going to stand there and let them turn from holding you on the ground to starting to shoot at you. IRL I would find cover asap. Is that rule abiding?

If someone starts shooting at you, Fear RP will still be in effect, but differently. You see, if someone aims a weapon at you, you don't move because you're scared of being shot. If someone starts actually shooting at you, you are scared of being hit therefore you run/get cover.

In other words, if someone is actually trying to kill you, not just threatening you, you can run/hide/shoot back and whatnot.
From the "Questions about Rules" thread.

That's with a gun, you can shoot back at someone with a gun, you don't run up to someone and tase them because that's breaking FearRP.

E.G.
You are a cop, someone comes up behind you and points a gun to your head a fellow cop comes up behind him and tasers him, that's FearRP because the other cop had a weapon out, and because you were a hostage you would have been executed because of it, not to mention (in real life) tasers cause muscle spasms therefore you should be scared of tasing someone who has a weapon because their hand might have a muscle spasm and end up shooting all over the place, therefore you just endangered everyone in the area.
Lead by example.
The following 1 user Likes Al sevenfold's post:
  • Haarek
You situation would be failrp, but I do think that all situations are. Anyway, in real life the police would try and take someone alive before just shooting them.
As the rule 13, in the general rules section clearly states: Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.

Though this is being discussed, but as it currently is, this is the rule.
(01-22-2013, 11:56 AM)Teh Time Rider Wrote: You situation would be failrp, but I do think that all situations are. Anyway, in real life the police would try and take someone alive before just shooting them.

Yes, exactly but in real life the cops wouldn't rambo in and taser someone.
They would get negotiators to talk the person out of it and meet their demands.
Lead by example.
A taser is still considered a projectile weapon, shooting prongs into you and zapping you senseless with 500,000+ volts of electricity.
Officer's choice for a lethal or nonlethal takedown.
-support

(01-22-2013, 12:21 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 11:56 AM)Teh Time Rider Wrote: You situation would be failrp, but I do think that all situations are. Anyway, in real life the police would try and take someone alive before just shooting them.

Yes, exactly but in real life the cops wouldn't rambo in and taser someone.
They would get negotiators to talk the person out of it and meet their demands.

They're called cowboys, and it happens more than you think when a hostage taker forgets to take the safety off on his weapon.

Ergo taser.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • Tribal
There is a difference between an armed suspect with his weapon lowered who had a brain fart and is looking at a wall and man pointing a loaded, primed weapon at you or your colleague/friend.
(01-22-2013, 05:35 PM)Toxic Wrote: A taser is still considered a projectile weapon, shooting prongs into you and zapping you senseless with 500,000+ volts of electricity.
Officer's choice for a lethal or nonlethal takedown.

I agree with this, to be honest. I can see where the opposite side is coming from, it feels quite reckless, when compared to the real life or otherwise realistic, to just run into a guy/gal, bulky and tough though your self-description as an officer may be, and just taze them in the face of lethal threat but one must consider this game-wise too.

It ought to still be balanced and disabling a police-officer from being able to choose between pistol or tazer is quite a bit too rough for the class if you ask me.

Also, running in and "doing it rambo-style" could be an option given the circumstances. Are their distracting third parties? Are there vehicles, walls or other world props, if not regular props to effectively hide behind and think up a maneuver? It's hard to decide upon something like that if not at least most possible circumstances can be accurately predicted, let alone assuredly known.

I'd hate for those who should be protecting us citizens to feel less authoritarian than they should by stripping them of a capability they technically, but not lawfully (or indeed, neither by means of server-rules) are allowed to use.

I'll give this some more thought - interesting.