EvoCity2 Connection Problems? Help Please!
Hey everyone,

I was just told about the new EvoCity2 server and I'm excited. There are rumors about the requirments for EvoCity2 and I had Ep2 installed so I hopped on. Sure enough... the trees were all from Ep1 (or vice versa I forget.) So I hopped off and installed the other one. Now I have them both installed and everytime I connect it stops loading at something like midas_01.vmt or something and then the game freezes... but doesnt crash. This forces me to open Task Manager and close the process. I have tried everything! I do the thing where I start the map in singleplayer first. I connected twice without Ep1 but now Ep1 is installed and everything I try to connect it freezes there! Help! Any advice would be great as I really wanna see the map in multiplayer! The map is amazing! Thanks! Take care.
The game does freeze every now and then for me also when I connect. I'm using Windows 7, so it pops open a window asking whether wait for the application to start responding or close it, I always click wait and it starts working again shortly after. However, on Windows XP it never did start to respond again, so if you're on that - tough luck. No idea what causes these freezes, you can try deleting cache and custom content from your Gmod, perhaps it's just a mismatch with content or something.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Noobias
I have to wait a surprisingly large amount of time to join - it looks like it's frozen also, and if I click anything it comes up with the usual 'stopped working' etc. But if I don't press anything, and just let it load - it works.
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • Noobias
(03-07-2011, 01:10 PM)killjoy Wrote: The game does freeze every now and then for me also when I connect. I'm using Windows 7, so it pops open a window asking whether wait for the application to start responding or close it, I always click wait and it starts working again shortly after. However, on Windows XP it never did start to respond again, so if you're on that - tough luck. No idea what causes these freezes, you can try deleting cache and custom content from your Gmod, perhaps it's just a mismatch with content or something.

Thank you, I have Windows 7 and that will do. I have dealt with crashes so much and they just piss me off! Combined with what Sniper said I am sure to connect >Cheese