Sexism, I just about had enough of it :)
Okay, well, the title says it all. I am actually considering leaving, not just Gmod, but steam all together.

Yes I am female, yes I game, yes females don't normally game, but seriously? I am just like all of you mother fuckers, so stop treating me differently.

Every single day I get at least one sexist thing said or done to me, I normally brush it off, so even my closest friends on here don't know about it (you know who you guys are Cheese)

But anyway, this is just a thread saying I am considering leaving, have a nice day all!

- Zelda Heart
Personally I don't see why I would treat you very different. Being female may change some of the ways I'd talk to you. Simple things really like miss/ma'am/lady/woman/girl ect. But that is only a minor change. I've done work with you in this game before, not much but I remember good people. I never really knew you were a girl anyway, not that it matters to me. I hope you don't leave, but it's your call. Stopping you would be wrong if you feel it's what you wanna do. Most players are 20 and younger and some of them feel they might stand a chance picking you up one day. Dunno and don't care. I'm not good at speaking to people as it is and I am rough to understand, but my policy on life is "it is what it is" so if you stay good, if not good luck. You'll always be a brother to me.

P.S. I think we burned babies and hung them together once. Baby bakers are hard to find. We also laid waste to the cops for trying to stop us. Your down as cool in my book for stickin it to the man in times of need.
(01-06-2013, 08:17 AM)Jokhah Wrote: Personally I don't see why I would treat you very different. Being female may change some of the ways I'd talk to you. Simple things really like miss/ma'am/lady/woman/girl ect. But that is only a minor change. I've done work with you in this game before, not much but I remember good people. I never really knew you were a girl anyway, not that it matters to me. I hope you don't leave, but it's your call. Stopping you would be wrong if you feel it's what you wanna do. Most players are 20 and younger and some of them feel they might stand a chance picking you up one day. Dunno and don't care. I'm not good at speaking to people as it is and I am rough to understand, but my policy on life is "it is what it is" so if you stay good, if not good luck. You'll always be a brother to me.

P.S. I think we burned babies and hung them together once. Baby bakers are hard to find. We also laid waste to the cops for trying to stop us. Your down as cool in my book for stickin it to the man in times of need.

LOL Yes the babies! Burning babies in FL for the win!
Name? I'll go rough him up. Been practising on Assassin's Creed, its a simulator not a game...
The following 12 users Like Adman's post:
  • equal, Callos, Ne0ster, GeorgeTheBoy, Karmaloop, Enzyme, beflok, BambusBo, Rayokan, Flux, Tyki Mikk, Ciryl
Well, If you call everyone a "Mother-fuc*er" isn't going to do yourself any good either.
Give me names and proof.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
The following 2 users Like Ruxandra's post:
  • Rayokan, Rayne
Wise words. This is definitely not okay.
Sexism is bad, so is racism and homophobia. I feel sorry that you must stand this awful behavior, day in, day out. It must be hard for you.
Regards,
aviator
Lol you cant really ban him if not happening on FL forums or servers.
(01-06-2013, 12:03 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: Lol you cant really ban him if not happening on FL forums or servers.

I actually can disagree with this on one or two levels. If it's out of game and doesn't come into the game I agree with you Toast. If it is happening in game or comes into the game that is a different story. I don't know the situation and honestly don't need to so please don't explain it, but if someone was being harassed or stalked (not saying that's the case cause I don't know what exactly is going on) then I feel that the support team could deny a person entry into it's zones of control to help protect one of its members. I have a very limited gaming experience with Zelda but personally I find what little I do know of her to be a cool person in my book. I can't say friend cause I don't know her that well. In my life if someone messes with someone I care about in any positive way, I tend to react to that. Sometimes these reactions aren't correct but not unjust.

In closing, if it's out of game/forums then I'd say not to react with admin actions right away.

If it comes into game/forums and is a problem, action might be needed but talk to the person being bothered first unless evidence of rule break applies.

If Zelda is really a friend of yours or if you care about her, consider your options but don't act till you talk to her about it.

With my brothers in arms that third option is always the best regardless of the first two. I've rofflestomped people because the messed up and my buddy gave the word, but when I do it without their go it tends to cause more issues then it's worth.

P.S. Zelda, your still my baby baking dawg and I gives a f*^k if your a dude or a chick.