Poll: Do you think we should get a second server running CityRP on Evocity2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, that's great.
100.00%
32 100.00%
No, that's not needed.
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Second CityRP on Evocity2
Can I just be slightly relistic and mention something. The server that is currentley running is only full at a certain time and on most other times on day you get about 20 - 25 people on. Sometimes less. Woudn't 2 servers cause an imbalance with the two servers. The other thing to note is that Evocity2 is a HUGE map. Would 40 players be enough to provide sufficent roleplay?
(03-03-2011, 07:07 PM)FluffyMCDOOM Wrote: Can I just be slightly relistic and mention something. The server that is currentley running is only full at a certain time and on most other times on day you get about 20 - 25 people on. Sometimes less. Woudn't 2 servers cause an imbalance with the two servers. The other thing to note is that Evocity2 is a HUGE map. Would 40 players be enough to provide sufficent roleplay?

You have a point.
40 players on EvoCity2 would easily be enough players - like I've mentioned before, it'll encourage more relaxed RP at times.

With regards to the fewer players on each server, you're missing a vital point - we regularly have 40 players on EvoCity1 - and the lag problems aren't caused by the number of players, just by the gamemode.

So if we're running two copies of the game mode, on separate servers, we could easily expand the community - and have about 30-40 players on each, simultaneously Smile

(Im pretty sure that's the case anyway Tounge )
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • ixxassassinxxi
(03-03-2011, 07:19 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote: 40 players on EvoCity2 would easily be enough players - like I've mentioned before, it'll encourage more relaxed RP at times.

With regards to the fewer players on each server, you're missing a vital point - we regularly have 40 players on EvoCity1 - and the lag problems aren't caused by the number of players, just by the gamemode.

So if we're running two copies of the game mode, on separate servers, we could easily expand the community - and have about 30-40 players on each, simultaneously Smile

Okay Smile

That was my only concern. Look's like im going to have to buy the episodes Cheese

(03-03-2011, 07:19 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote: 40 players on EvoCity2 would easily be enough players - like I've mentioned before, it'll encourage more relaxed RP at times.

Thanks for clearing that up!
(03-03-2011, 07:21 PM)FluffyMCDOOM Wrote: Okay Smile

That was my only concern. Look's like im going to have to buy the episodes Cheese

The episodes are good as standalone games anyway Smile Episode 2 was on sale the other day for like £1.50 or somethin'.

Still, they're good games, and it's worth it just to SEE evocity2. Thats how awesome it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOyP5mI4tA

Thats a link to a youtube video-tour of EvoCity2 Smile Worth a watch.
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • ixxassassinxxi
Oh no! You are kidding me? THIS is the ***** best map ever! Thanks for asking Soul! This is **** awesome man!
(03-03-2011, 07:56 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 07:21 PM)FluffyMCDOOM Wrote: Okay Smile

The episodes are good as standalone games anyway Smile Episode 2 was on sale the other day for like £1.50 or somethin'.

Still, they're good games, and it's worth it just to SEE evocity2. Thats how awesome it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOyP5mI4tA

Thats a link to a youtube video-tour of EvoCity2 Smile Worth a watch.
I didn't know what the map looked like, and when I saw that video, I couldn't believe it. You have to do this! Lol