Contraband questions
Hello everybody,

I have some questions regarding contraband, first of all, What classes are explitly forbidden to have any contraband?

Secondly, On what places is contraband forbidden?

Thirdly, Can you use unforzen, destroyable props to cover the contraband up?

Thanks a ton for helping me, Mokmok (Kevin Slocome)
Alright, i will discuss the basics of contraband. It does display it in the rules, but it will be easier if i explain it to you.

1. You are not allowed contraband as a government class, or any classes that's job is the support the people of Fearless. This means that you cannot have contraband as a chef, or a government job such as a police officer. So basically, you can only use contraband as rebel, Corleone or unemployed.

2. Contraband is forbidden outside of a building. In order to have contraband, you will have to buy a house, including all of the doors, and then placing the contraband in a house that you own all doors on.

3.You cannot put props in front of the way in order to get to the contra. This is prop blocking, and will result in a ban. The only way a prop can be used to block off your contraband is by using a fading door, but if you are doing this, you MUST have a keypad, otherwise again this is prop blocking.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope that helps, if you need anymore help then please Personal Message me, as i can tell you alot more if you really need me too!
(12-27-2012, 11:01 PM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: Alright, i will discuss the basics of contraband. It does display it in the rules, but it will be easier if i explain it to you.

1. You are not allowed contraband as a government class, or any classes that's job is the support the people of Fearless. This means that you cannot have contraband as a chef, or a government job such as a police officer. So basically, you can only use contraband as rebel, Corleone or unemployed.

This is almost comepletely true, you are allowed to have Contraband as Chef, Gun Dealer, Doctor and basically any job except Government Related jobs. As long as you don't sit inside a base, you are for an example allowed to hide a couple druglabs behind some crates or under the counter. There is shared opinions about this though.

2. Contraband is forbidden outside of a building. In order to have contraband, you will have to buy a house, including all of the doors, and then placing the contraband in a house that you own all doors on.

Well, despite the fact that you have to own all doors, this is true. You just need to cover them off, or hide them away in a room. Leaving them behind some trees or bushes in the open is considered FailRP. As contrabands are very noisy and people would easily spot them IRL.

3.You cannot put props in front of the way in order to get to the contra. This is prop blocking, and will result in a ban. The only way a prop can be used to block off your contraband is by using a fading door, but if you are doing this, you MUST have a keypad, otherwise again this is prop blocking.

Well, again. Shared opinions about this, it really depends on how you do it. You should always call an Administrator or Moderator if you are going to do something unusual.

That was my little, plug-in.

I hope it helped abit.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • mokmok8080, Haarek
Thanks for this.

I still have some questions,

1: Are you allowed to share a house for contraband, lets say in the maffia area. Every member has a door (room) with contra and the entry doors are shared.

2: Are you allowed to place a bookcase to obstruct the view of contra in a house?

3: If you are a Doctor or a chef (or any supply job) and you have a store or in the Doctors case the hospital, can you "camp" like that near the contra?

Thanks for awsnering me and helping me!
1) Yes you can share houses for contraband.
2) If you mean windows, you are allowed to block the windows with props. Make sure not to block doors or entry points such as hallways if no fading door, though. If you mean literally put bookcases around it to block view, its pretty much the same thing, you have to have a keypad and make it fade.
3) I don't understand the question, could you rephrase it?
(12-28-2012, 12:17 AM)Biohunter Wrote: 3) I don't understand the question, could you rephrase it?

I think he means if a chef/doctor or whatever has a shop, can they have contraband in there? Because you can't camp it, so does having it in your shop count as camping?

I think. I could be completely wrong and he meant something else entirely.
You are allowed to have contraband as a Supplier job (Chef, Doctor, BMD, Gun Dealer, etc...) AS LONG as you do your job.

Example: Have your Money Printer(s)/Marijuana plants in a backroom while you sell your goods to the public.
If I am being perfectly honest, do not do contraband as a chef, chauffeur or Doctor. These are strictly civilian classes and the use of explicitly illegal goods does not match their RP in the slightest. BMDs and gun dealers I would permit the use of contraband as the nature of these merchant classes is far more illegal.

However, it is best we explain the idea of basing; because whilst I say that you're allowed contraband as a BMD and gundealer but if you 'base' with them you will still end up blacklisted or suspended. Essentially, basing is when you buy up an area or construct a 'base/house' with the express purpose of simply waiting and defending your contraband stash. Whenever the possession of contraband begins to inhibit your ability to provide a service to the people of EvoCity it becomes basing and is against the rules.

As for the other remaining questions, yes you are allowed to have multiple people 'based' in one area. You just have to be careful because whilst you may be out and about other 'team-members' may get sneaky and take some of your money.

You're allowed to block off windows with props to prevent viewing of your contraband.

I am glad you created a thread to better inform yourself of the rules rather than doing what you thought was correct which could have ended badly. All I ask is that in the future you direct questions to this existing thread (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=21869) rather than creating multiple new ones.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • mokmok8080
To everybody who replied, thanks alot you've really helped me...well of i go, contra-time! Tounge