DayZ, tips for beginners?
Hello everyone
Because of Steams cheap Christmas sale, I bought myself ARMA combined operations which transferring from Roubles, was 11$ I decided to at long last buy it and try DayZ
So before I start, I would like to know what tips you can give me, since I know that a lot if Fearlissians play DayZ

As for answer to your question "Why don't you read them or watch youtube walkthroughs?", that's what people said to me before I started playing WarZ and turns out that these were WORST tips that I could hear

P.S. Still cannot launch GMOD and Fallout on W8 T_T
Since the community is full of retards its kill or be killed like before it was only bandits gets killed.
The following 2 users Like Mahti's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow, coolniceguy42
At the start if the game keep your head down. Not only will you very rarely find a player who won't shoot you in the face because you're moving, the zombies will spot you very easily if you're not crawling everywhere. Only sprint when you're sure there's nothing in the area and concentrate on looking for food and medicine supplies.
A good survival tip is to look out for the following items:
- Matches.
- Empty/full water bottle.
- Hunting knife.
- Hatchet.
These four items ensure that you will survive for a long time. This is because you can cut firewood with the hatchet, make a fire with the wood and matches, that means you can cook raw meat you can harvest from animals you killed with the hunting knife, be sure to set your camp near a water source so you can re-fill your water bottle. Also, the hatchet doubles as a silent weapon. HAVE FUN! Cheese
The following 1 user Likes trouserlessliam's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow
Deinstall DayZ and come play wasteland instead. Much more fun.
The following 1 user Likes Biowulf's post:
  • coolniceguy42
Yeah we don't play DayZ anymore, Wasteland's where it is. No download necessary. Come on TS sometime and join us.
The following 1 user Likes Caroline's post:
  • coolniceguy42
Just come on teamspeak sometime and join us on Wasteland, we're literally on everyday
The following 1 user Likes Colonel Burger's post:
  • coolniceguy42
Our average squad is existent of a minimum of 5 people on, and a maximum of 12.
Terrorizing the lands of Chernarus
Heal people, kill bandits and become a hero with me.
My best tip would be.

Do not die.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Well for starters, run away from the coast, you may find some stuff, but if your there, thats where everyone is, and most likely will shoot at you, ive had dayz for a while now, and ive learned that if your alone, its kill or be killed. i wont lie, ive done some messed up stuff in that game, ive killed, stole and i did what had to be done, cause if you dont, well you might as well kill your self. make sure you find night vision goggles, i have some, and they really help. ive stayed alive for a while now on a m1o14 with slugs. night vision goggles are probably the most important thing in the game. cause if your on a night server. your in trouble. always team up with a friend if you can. one time me and my friend took on a group of bandits and one. thanks to night vision goggles of course. but the main point of survival in dayz is to always asume that your in someones sights. good luck, and let me know if you wanna play. i play it on a different steam acount though. :p