Business Roleplaying Guide!
So, you want to learn how to properly run a business in serious roleplay? Well, here's some tips!

* Don't sell your items in shipments. Buy the shipment, divide it by the price and the amount, and then raise the quotient a little bit and sell each one at that price for a profit. Example:
Buy 5 chinese food for let's say, $1500. 1500 / 5 = 300. Sell one chinese food for $400, sell each to five customers and you make $500 profit! Don't think it's quick enough? You get the same outcome when selling it in fives, just in a different and less-serious/realistic way. Still want more money? Go contrawhore you money-grubber.

* Imaaaaggginnaaatttiiiioooonnn! Roleplay! You run the local BurgerKing, right? Don't be like "CHINESE FOOD $400." Actually roleplay! Sell the chinese food, but roleplay it as a "whopper and a small coke" "hamburger with fries" etc. This is a serious Roleplay community! This isn't your average DarkRP.

* Act it out! Don't just throw it at them and say "there now gtfo" You don't see people do that at Walmart, do you? If you do, you should report them to the manager because they shouldn't be acting like that to their customers. Anyways, back to the subject. Roleplay it. You're a doctor, working at the local hospital. Roleplay fixing their wounds, instead of throwing a medical kit on the desk.

* Advertisement! Sponsor somebody, type the /advert as if it's a commercial, think up something of your own! If you hear there's a drag race, be a sponsor and pay the car you think will win. They'll help you advertise by saying things like "I'm going to win this for BurgerKing!" And things like that.

Now get out there and have some fun making money!

This is more of a shopkeeping guide. I feel it necessary to bring out that you can do any kinds of business with a little creativity. Banking, insurance firms, real-estate, etc. You can RP and run pretty much any business existing IRL.
(12-24-2012, 02:11 AM)Killjoy Wrote: This is more of a shopkeeping guide. I feel it necessary to bring out that you can do any kinds of business with a little creativity. Banking, insurance firms, real-estate, etc. You can RP and run pretty much any business existing IRL.

That's a neat tip. I already knew that, but I probably wasn't thinking of that when I made this thread.

2nd point is the hardest of these.

I once PRETENDED to sell sleeping pills (Nitrazepam or whatever it's called), and instead of the costumers playing along, they just looked at me like "Dafuq? Just give me the nitro, noob!". T_T
It's not serious, it's semi-serious.

I suggest you re-format your topic and try to get it into the guides section.