Innocent Citizen - Please Read.
Exclamation 
Your name: PissForLube ("Kane Dawson" in game)

Your ban ID: 20874

Banned by: Trillz

Reason: Propblock / Basing as doctor / Reread the rules

Involved: ShitForFood (Rick Dawson), the admin Trillz and Kakcraft, the culprit of my ban.

Why we should unban you: The story:

ShitForFood and me, who run a shop together selling goods of either medicinal, food or weaponry purposes (whichever job at least one of us can get his hands on) always go to "Izzy's Palace" to run our place. We then purchase shipments of the goods and sell them to customers who read our adverts/pass by.

This time, I pasted our little shop base in the area, but my friend ShitForFood informed me that his car had been stolen; he could see the thief driving off with it and thus followed him. I quickly run out, seeing as there is no time to lose and attempt to take a different road to cut the thief off and try and get him to stop. To no avail.

Five minutes later, we arrive back at our place at "Izzy's Palace" to find the (map-)doors to be bought by someone else: Kakcraft. I politely summon the person and he says I should have "bought the doors". In all the commotion of running after the thief of my friend's car during the meager 5 minutes, I had forgotten to buy these, since we had to [undefined=undefined]run[/undefined].

Duely note, however, that Kakcraft didn't come from the inside of the building. I called for him in the OOC chat and he arrived roughly 3 minutes after my first summons. Not willing to allow us to enter our building (which me and ShitForFood) always use, Kakcraft summoned an admin faster than either of us could. He then did his own explanation, illustrating how we must have propblocked Kakcraft's base (from the inside??) rather than saying that he placed a few props near the entrance to prohibit us from entering our place, then called an administrator to the scene and told him of ShitForFood and me doing to him what he did unto us.

I expected the administrator to see through this obvious idiocy, but, sadly, he did not. Allowing a minor initial explanation from my part, he went back to the front gate and asked where my keypads for opening it were. This is the only mistake I admit making, to some extent, as said administrator informed me they have to be next to the entrance itself. They were, admittedly, less than a full second's motion away, merely "hidden" behind world-object, but I was under the impression that this was allowed.

One wouldn't, after all, want to invite unwanted players, (failrp'ers, perhaps) that somehow managed to obtain a keypad cracker to enter our base and steal our products, would we? This goes for every base and is assumable logic; I did read the rules. I realize that this generates a problem and apologize for any inconvenience, as well as I promise to place keypads within a charater's foot from the door from now on. Nevertheless, not willing to contradict an administrator's means, I believe this admittedly minor and indirect deviation from a lesser rule I didn't realize I had even broken could have been well retorted with a warning instead of a ban.

Our intentions were not to break the rules, we just came back, somewhat defeated by not having been able to reobtain ShitForFood's car, to our surprise, noticing that our place had also been stolen from us. We went at this with the best intentions, but the administrator just banned me for 24 hours using a description that does not at all illustrate what I have done, but what I had been the victim of.

I'm afraid I had expected the administrator to listen to my side of the story more thoroughly, in case I had indeed broken some rule. After close review, however, I cannot see either my friend or me having broken any.

Summary:

Propblock: This is what I was, as priorly stated, the victim of, but got banned for, rather than the other way around, which would have been the judgement this no doubt fine admin was looking for.

Basing as doctor: ShitForFood and me have sold products of this nature in a shop we set up in this very establishment many times before; our joint played times speak for themselves, and so do our many satisfied customers. There has never been a complaint made of this. Furthermore, nothing even related to this is in the rules, nor did the administrator in question choose to point me to this being disallowed or even remotely frowned upon.

Reread the rules: I have.

Thank you for reading through this long block of text.

- A FearlessRP citizen who's concerned with the integrity of our fine world
( and also a little sad )
You were a doctor basing in Izzy's propblocking or in your case "hidden" keypads.

I was there for at least two minutes before you even noticed I was there looking through your base because you were too busy with your contraband. If you were selling things as a doctor instead of contrawhoring then why did your friend kill me on site whenever I walked in?

You were building in a building that you did not own and would not leave with the door blocked at the bottom with some hidden keypad I still didnt find after I banned you.
You were a doctor basing in Izzy's propblocking or in your case "hidden" keypads.

They were barely hidden behind chairs and flower pots on either side so that it would be visible, yet uninviting, but legal. I have already assessed, this however, as have I the "basing as a doctor". My friend and I open shop at this location every time and according to other players and administrators who purchase our goods, this isn't illegal in any way. You're the first to make a problem of this.

I was there for at least two minutes before you even noticed I was there looking through your base because you were too busy with your contraband.

Of course I was "busy with my contraband". Another player had taken over our base, blocking our way in just because we fleatedly forgot to buy the doors for the five minutes we were gone. I spent 4 500 currency on the contraband, so, naturally, as we got in by ShitForFood using his keypad cracker to get back into our shop, I rushed upstairs to check whether or not KakCraft had harvested our contraband. What would any other reasonable player have done, realistically? Would he have gotten banned for either it or not being able to see your body, three corridors and one custom doorway away?

If you were selling things as a doctor instead of contrawhoring then why did your friend kill me on site whenever I walked in?

Not only were you too far to be seen, but I am not responsable for my friend's actions when we already had this lawfully (and server-rule-wise) illegal perpetrator trespass and build upon our area. Also, the "killing on sight" has nothing to do with our collective profession. I don't see why you're bringing that up, good sir.

You were building in a building that you did not own and would not leave with the door blocked at the bottom with some hidden keypad I still didnt find after I banned you.

I was mid-explanation when you banned me. With all due respect, I already showed you where one of them was, ShitForFood being present at the time; if you weren't so hasty in your judgement, I could have showed you the other, rather than being unable to for 24 hours and being the victim of this housebreaker blocking our house in and buying the doors before we could, stealing what grew into our freshly replenished contraband.

Continuing respectfully, I believe you either did not read my side of the story with sufficient thoroughness, or have a personal issue with me. I understand you might have acted on a whim, but, in my defence, we did not do anything illegal, and accidentally neglecting buying world-doors while we were chasing a car thief, being on his tail (for a mere five minutes, at most) as well as placing keypads well near the doors but out of sight of well-equiped burglars ought not require an incomplete hearing-out, followed by a full-day ban and an unavoidable, considerable loss of in-game currency.

Lastly, however, this is merely a possibility, I might have removed the keypads using the [BACKSPACE] key, as I place them seperately, and are not part of the "Advanced Duplicate" of our shop area I always paste, in case the paste data might be corrupted in something as crucial as keypads. I believe I removed them, as I noticed you were unsatisfied with their location, followed by you banning me from the server before I could manage to replace them all (which, granted, could have taken a minute or three, while triple-tapping backspace would not). But I am not fully certain that that is what happened. As I say, I believe it is merely a possibility.

Hoping you will reconsider in time

- A concerned citizen
Rules Wrote:5. You cannot raid as a Doctor, Chef, Gundealer, BMD, Taxi driver, or Security guard. For any of these jobs you cannot base with rebels, corleones, or any other group of specific people. Do not make a contra base as any of these jobs as the purpose of these jobs is to provide a service for the city, not lock themselves in a room and "contra whore".

Keypads should be easily visible as some people may not be able to find it.

Your ban was 24 hours long.

Denied.