[DEBATE] Passive Economies creates Passive RP
(12-22-2012, 09:57 AM)Lil_Rimmy333 Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:51 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:43 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: My personal opinion is remove any of the spawnable foods, or make it so they are grown/harvested. You'll vastly improve anything relating to food with that.

Raw food gets farmed and harvested, sold to cooks who process it, which is then sold to people to eat or cook more.

Food prices always are based on the supply and demand and work it takes to create it

Yes, that could work, but here's the problem:

You miss out on ONE of the jobs, and the food economy is screwed.

Then so be it, thats the great thing about a player run economy, it booms and busts based on player actions, if there is a critical lack of a specific item, players will move in to capitalize on the lack of said item and create it to fill the demand.

I cite EVE Online, where everything is made by players, harvested by players, and almost 80% of the time blown up by players
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(12-22-2012, 10:01 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:57 AM)Lil_Rimmy333 Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:51 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:43 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: My personal opinion is remove any of the spawnable foods, or make it so they are grown/harvested. You'll vastly improve anything relating to food with that.

Raw food gets farmed and harvested, sold to cooks who process it, which is then sold to people to eat or cook more.

Food prices always are based on the supply and demand and work it takes to create it

Yes, that could work, but here's the problem:

You miss out on ONE of the jobs, and the food economy is screwed.

Then so be it, thats the great thing about a player run economy, it booms and busts based on player actions, if there is a critical lack of a specific item, players will move in to capitalize on the lack of said item and create it to fill the demand.

I cite EVE Online, where everything is made by players, harvested by players, and almost 80% of the time blown up by players

You cite EVE Online, but this is not an MMO. TBH, a lot of players would end up either just fishing for themselves or dying and rezing, because how many times have you seen a reasonable amount of players, but no chef? Despite the fact that vending machines are stupidly overpriced? No one cares. Because this is not EVE, you won't die and loose insane amounts or things or a ship, and a lot of the time you don't have to look to the future. Why?

Because you can always contra your way back up.
Then we make contra more of a non option compared to the current easy money system it is currently, make it more complex, make the police more of a threat to it, fire able to destroy it. Countless other ideas exist to do this, they just need to be implimented
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(12-22-2012, 10:13 AM)BlackDog Wrote: Then we make contra more of a non option compared to the current easy money system it is currently, make it more complex, make the police more of a threat to it, fire able to destroy it. Countless other ideas exist to do this, they just need to be implimented

Yes, but that's the problem.

You say:

Implement this!

But then you have to change this and this and this and this and this to make it work. It's just not worth it.
I'll buy all of your fish!
Add me on steam: [FL:RP] Santa Whoops

Thanks in advance,
Whoopie
Kind regards,
Whoopie
[Image: mxh.gif]
Rate Me.
(12-22-2012, 10:46 AM)whoopie Wrote: I'll buy all of your fish!
Add me on steam: [FL:RP] Santa Whoops

Thanks in advance,
Whoopie

Wrong thread.

That thread is the "I am selling fish for $50" thread.
(12-22-2012, 09:40 AM)Adman Wrote: From what you say I completely agree with you.

I was never around to experience the Fish Market days of old and so my experience of money making (At least in the early hours when money meant more to me) was of contrafarming.

I feel we need to do more to try and re-create the passive economy of old or to try and create new methods.

Yep, I agree.

We have spoken about this before in private, Adman.
There is never going to be an economy in FL because it's always just going to be abused, way too easily. Fish market, discovery of the reload glitch which players can just sit idle, go take a shit come back in an hour and have 200 fish. Either way, there is no other proper object to economize, unlike the fish because it's a self succeded entity. Something FL isn't very famous for.

There will be no proper economy on fearless and there's nothing anyone other than Soul can do about it. By that, I mean him changing the ENTIRE way FL works.
Wow. Fish for 600?

Contrafarming will always be the downfall of any type of economics in FL. Passive RP falling is also a bit to blame on the minges. Most just raid the establishment, Molotov it, Or kill everyone inside of the building. Also, Contra is the fastest way to make money, just get a decent doomfort. sit there with your Ak ( That you found after you Cdmed the Don ) and put your contra to the side, watch the door ( Your 5 fading doors ) and wait until something moves ( Random unemployed walking near your base ) , to then blast it to dust. Then after you've gained enough to buy a Few BMW's. You buy molotovs, Then you have two choices. Randomly raid the president, Or to burn down any kind of Passive RP. Then you decide thats boring, you go back to your base. Play some Black ops ( Perfecting your RDM Skills ) and wait until someone starts crying about propblock.

( I went a bit off-topic up there. )

Like Burger said, there will never be any proper economy, unless Soul changes FL.
Gonna kick this in the butt for debate sakes.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]