President raid and hostage ideas.
So because of Rebels/Mafia rule 6:
Quote:6. Do not raid the president just to earn money or because you don't like speed limits or high taxes. Get good reasons first.
I've decided to start a thread where everyone can post that good reasons of raiding and hostaging president since laws, taxes and money are not good enough. Currently I cannot think of any but if you know some then please share them with us in this thread using template below:

Code:
[b][RAID OR HOSTAGE REASON][/b]

Write the reason here...

If you have more than one then separate them clearly please. I hope this thread will get popular in the community.
He's banned you from the city.
He ordered a raid/search of your bases.
He arrested one of your members without what you (in character) believe is an unfair reason.
He's dictating - High taxes too get as much money as possible, only doing what's best for him.
Maybe little reasons such as high taxes aren't good enough, but they could certain accumulate.

Don't just look for reasons to raid the president - it could lead to interesting role play sometimes, or it could just cause OOC arguments. Only do it if you think that IC, the president has went too far.
(12-09-2012, 01:58 PM)Tendou Wrote: since laws, taxes and money are not good enough.

Why have you chucked in laws here? It expressly states that taxes and money are not valid reasons yet the President's laws are the most defining of reasons. In fact, it is probably the ONLY way you can 'raid' them.

I would also suggest trying diplomatic ways first, the President once banned crowbars and I formed a Crowbar Freedom Union. We walked on up, chanting for the freedom of the crowbar and within five minutes crowbars were legalised again; no blood spilled.
The following 3 users Like Adman's post:
  • HellShell, Verenikin, Narc
(12-09-2012, 03:26 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 01:58 PM)Tendou Wrote: since laws, taxes and money are not good enough.

Why have you chucked in laws here? It expressly states that taxes and money are not valid reasons yet the President's laws are the most defining of reasons. In fact, it is probably the ONLY way you can 'raid' them.

I would also suggest trying diplomatic ways first, the President once banned crowbars and I formed a Crowbar Freedom Union. We walked on up, chanting for the freedom of the crowbar and within five minutes crowbars were legalised again; no blood spilled.

I find this somewhat ironic. I was funded by a 3rd Party, and gave hobos AK-47s. We demanded reparations, and as a show of force we dispersed two boxes of ammo each into the sky, and we ended up receiving our reparations.
Yet I was banned(perma) because Corleones/Rebels decided to try and raid the mayor whom made it illegal for them to enter the city.
(12-09-2012, 08:45 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:

I find this somewhat ironic. I was funded by a 3rd Party, and gave hobos AK-47s. We demanded reparations, and as a show of force we dispersed two boxes of ammo each into the sky, and we ended up receiving our reparations.
Yet I was banned(perma) because Corleones/Rebels decided to try and raid the mayor whom made it illegal for them to enter the city.

I have no input into the case as I have never witnessed it or do not know the reasoning behind it. I also failed to mention we didn't walk up with weapons or anything, simply as unemployed people.
Here's problably the most common of reasons: "bad government".

Only applies if one of the following happens:
-Cops are not good enough (Minges should be imediatelly demoted by the president).
-Leaving SS out in the streets (Either order them back into Nexus or demote them).
-Not saying laws (Normally you should ONLY go president if you have alot of free time and if you're not AFK, you better say the laws).
-Raising taxes without a reason (We can't raid for taxes, but I think it's allowed to raid for NOT giving a reason about taxes, if the reasons are given, raid will not ocurr.)

But as Adman said, we should TRY diplomatic ways to solve the problems.

I mean, seriously, once the Corleone raided me because they "weren't happy with my laws", altough it was legit laws like weed legal and such.

I mean, why not just the leader come talk to me? but no, they think with guns instead with their heads.
(12-09-2012, 09:42 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 08:45 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:

I have no input into the case as I have never witnessed it or do not know the reasoning behind it. I also failed to mention we didn't walk up with weapons or anything, simply as unemployed people.
We didn't either. We went to the intersection in between Tides/Cafe Baltica, and just protested in an organized fashion.