Just to Clear up some stuff
Alright i have encountered many situations while roleplaying and often get scolded by someone for doing something wrong.. so imma clear up some of this situations here. Imma give a situation and some options.. Tell me if the options are right, or if they break any rules.. Thanks Smile

Situation 1: A man is pointing a gun at another man.
Options: (taze the attacker from the back)
(Handcuff the attacker from the back)

Situation 2: A man is being held hostage by a single attacker at a distance.
Options: (Traq the attacker with a Traq sniper and free the hostage)
(Shoot the attacker with an AWP and free the hostage)
(Sneak behind him and kill or tie him up from the back)

situation 3: A man decides to raid the president and takes him hostage in the office. With all the SS agent present in the room.
Options: (Kill the attacker when the president is at a safe distance)
(Sneak up and taze the attacker)

Yeah this is about all i have seen. Im currently trying to learn all the DOs and DONTs of Roleplay so please correct me if i make a mistake in game Smile
Situation 1.

Handcuffing doesn't even makes sense, how would you do that without getting yourself or the other man killed? In regards to the tazer, there is a high chance of the tazer resulting in the man pulling the trigger involuntarily and thus killing the other man. Always try and get them to back down peacefully, otherwise I am open to other suggestions as to how to deal with this. Perhaps researching how IRL task forces deal with said hostage situations, because that is what it replicates basically.

Situation 2.

Tranquillising them would NOT free the hostage at all. Considering it takes time to work they would most likely kill the hostage before going under; this isn't a viable option. Sniping the attacker is a possibility, but IRL this would probably be a last resort. Peaceful negotiations should always take precedence because they will probably be the most successful. There is also the chance of the shot not killing them instantly and then it is likely they will kill the hostage; so here is something I would gladly like to hear people discuss and deliberate on. The third option is simply ludicrous, how would you tie a gunman's hands? He would kill you or the hostage.

Situation 3.

For the taze situation, refer to situation 1. In regards to the first one, that depends on what you mean by 'safe distance'. If the gunman takes his gun away from him and thus the President is not in direct line of fire then theoretically you could take him down. You could also try peaceful negotiations instead.

None of this is an exact decision, as a lot is open to interpretation and discussion. I would love to hear other people's views on these matters.
(12-06-2012, 05:05 PM)Adman Wrote: Situation 1.

Handcuffing doesn't even makes sense, how would you do that without getting yourself or the other man killed? In regards to the tazer, there is a high chance of the tazer resulting in the man pulling the trigger involuntarily and thus killing the other man. Always try and get them to back down peacefully, otherwise I am open to other suggestions as to how to deal with this. Perhaps researching how IRL task forces deal with said hostage situations, because that is what it replicates basically.

Situation 2.

Tranquillising them would NOT free the hostage at all. Considering it takes time to work they would most likely kill the hostage before going under; this isn't a viable option. Sniping the attacker is a possibility, but IRL this would probably be a last resort. Peaceful negotiations should always take precedence because they will probably be the most successful. There is also the chance of the shot not killing them instantly and then it is likely they will kill the hostage; so here is something I would gladly like to hear people discuss and deliberate on. The third option is simply ludicrous, how would you tie a gunman's hands? He would kill you or the hostage.

Situation 3.

For the taze situation, refer to situation 1. In regards to the first one, that depends on what you mean by 'safe distance'. If the gunman takes his gun away from him and thus the President is not in direct line of fire then theoretically you could take him down. You could also try peaceful negotiations instead.

None of this is an exact decision, as a lot is open to interpretation and discussion. I would love to hear other people's views on these matters.

Thanks boss!