Addressing patrolling as SS/HSS
http://www.fearlessrp.net/GuidetoRP.pdf

Head of Special Service

An ex-army member, who turned to policing after leaving, he commands the Special Service
for the president. The Special Service are heavy-duty police officers, who help to serve highrisk warrants, and are called in for situations where it would be unsafe to send regular police
officers.
They’re equipped with high-powered machine guns, and riot shields, as well as all
the basic policing equipment, such as tazers and handcuffs. The Head of the Special Service
follows orders directly from the President, but can also work along side the rest of the EvoCity
police force in emergencies.

Special Service Officer

These officers are highly trained individuals, heavy-duty police officers, who help to serve highrisk warrants, and are called in for situations where it would be unsafe to send regular police
officers. They’re equipped with high-powered machine guns, and riot shields, as well as all the
basic policing equipment. They follow their orders from the head of the Special Service, but also
can assist the police force, in lieu of a Head of Special Service.
Needs to go in the Roleplay sub-forum
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
So does this mean that SS should be allowed to patrol if the HSS gives that order?
I don't see the problem?

What you have emboldened is exactly what they're supposed to do. High-risk situations whereby back-up would be called and hopefully the SS turn up, raring and ready to go in their black hummers.

This is emphasised by the use of "high-risk" and "emergencies". The last emboldening seems pretty ambiguous to me but doesn't directly state they can patrol.

Maybe it is just me but I see nothing here that advocates the Special Service to walk around the city acting as a typical on-duty E.C.P.D Officer.
There are several guides which adress this situation, with more depth, in the roleplay section.
I must agree with Adman here.

Obviously if there's a high risk situation with armed individuals, the Special Services are allowed to assist the E.C.P.D, provided that the President has granted them permission, but they cannot patrol the city like ordinary officers...
(11-30-2012, 08:42 AM)Adman Wrote: I don't see the problem?

What you have emboldened is exactly what they're supposed to do. High-risk situations whereby back-up would be called and hopefully the SS turn up, raring and ready to go in their black hummers.

This is emphasised by the use of "high-risk" and "emergencies". The last emboldening seems pretty ambiguous to me but doesn't directly state they can patrol.

Maybe it is just me but I see nothing here that advocates the Special Service to walk around the city acting as a typical on-duty E.C.P.D Officer.

Some administrators, not going to name names, hand out bans for leaving the nexus as SS/HSS in general. It doesn't say anywhere that they're NOT allowed to patrol, does it?
Some examples being high proflie raids on UM or villas/TV station/Pool, and being almost immediately excluded from this raid due to an admin's say-so, leaving the E.C.P.D officers to fend for themselves. We both know that this won't ever be able to happen with the current mindset of FL.

(11-29-2012, 10:43 PM)NukaBomb Wrote: Needs to go in the Roleplay sub-forum

This is a discussion.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=1064

Quote:In real life, you don't see SWAT, SAS and other similar units walking around enjoying the damn weather if they don't have squat to do. Find this boring? Then change your class or go play Counter-Strike.
Oh god, not this again...
How many people already asked it and already got a legit logic answer for this?