The Truth Behind WarZ?
(01-05-2013, 08:34 PM)Link66 Wrote: I hope you guys know that DayZ standalone is being worked on!
Unfortunatly for us, the devs have been captured and taken to jail for apparently doing 'Government Espionage' by taking photos of a military base when they were on holiday.
Poor guys.

Wasn't that ArmA3 devs ? And yeh, I know DayZ standalone is being worked on, played their ArmA2 mod since so long ... Soooo long. Too long, maybe.
Oh, I see. I think DayZ standalone will be better than WarZ.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(01-05-2013, 10:19 PM)Link66 Wrote: Oh, I see. I think DayZ standalone will be better than WarZ.

It will, they know what they are doing compared to WarZ trying to copy DayZ but not understanding it at all.
(01-05-2013, 08:34 PM)Link66 Wrote: I hope you guys know that DayZ standalone is being worked on!
Unfortunatly for us, the devs have been captured and taken to jail for apparently doing 'Government Espionage' by taking photos of a military base when they were on holiday.
Poor guys.

You are either miss-informed or (No offense) a bit silly.
i feel sad about the people who baught the game.

the first time warz was announced i was skeptical.
and after seeing the ingame footage the skeptisism grew.
i compared it with day-z and warz, i came to the conclusion that dayz is funnier to play.

what really made me mad was the fact that you had to make microtransactions and that the alpha game was released as full game on steam, imagine that this was minecraft.
the game itself is also buggy.
so yeah
i wont buy it, and after all this, i never will, i will just buy dayz.

then again, come on, this guy blamed us for believing the feature text, and the same dev worked on rigs of rods, or however the fuck that shitty game is called.
nonethless, these developers are not really trustworthy.

its just another way to get your money, once they say they quit development, then well, say goodbye to your money, its gone.
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:36912886
(01-06-2013, 02:42 PM)Warior135 Wrote:
Poor guys.

I recall it being on IGN, a friend gave me a link to the story. I can't find it though. Might of been a troll but it looked real to me.
And yeah, I got it wrong, it was the Arma3 devs. It was about 2 months ago when I heard about it.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(01-06-2013, 05:21 PM)Link66 Wrote:
Poor guys.

I recall it being on IGN, a friend gave me a link to the story. I can't find it though. Might of been a troll but it looked real to me.
And yeah, I got it wrong, it was the Arma3 devs. It was about 2 months ago when I heard about it.

Lol its Arma 2 devs who got prisoned not DayZ derps
(01-06-2013, 05:21 PM)Link66 Wrote:
Poor guys.

They were refused bail in November

Letter from the devs in jail
I can't believe anyone actually paid money for this scam. There are rumors, which could be false but there are emails out there sent from the game studio to people asking for a refund. The devs are threatening to put them on a product "blacklist" so they will not be able to purchase goods from several company's. The game is a mess and the textures look hideous and it got a meta critic score of 1 at some point. The name itself is a obvious reason to stay away. The worst of all though is that the whole time on the forums they kept saying it will not be pay to win. But of course,the whole game is littered with micro transactions for some pretty major things like food, melee weapons and the worst of all is the fact you can buy specialized ammo like armor piercing, which in reality would be extremely hard and rare to find. There may be no guns available for purchase YET but it will not be hard to find one once you've purchased you're food, med kits and a melee weapon.
Overall I think whoever bought this and is butthurt over how bad it is should of been more careful and look into things before you buy. I have no sympathy for them.
Quote:I have no sympathy for them.

Thanks for your delicious opinion based on fakes. Noone has ever received emails about being blacklisted after asking for a refund and it will never happen.

Anyway, I don't even see why you're posting in here except to just be aggressive toward the ones that did buy and had hopes it would be better over time.