The Truth Behind WarZ?
Hm....
The only thing that sustains me is my satanic lust for rep
Anticipating the wipe...
sergeytitov Wrote:I'm not sure if you saw that he just posted this new video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svd-p3-CURk

I have a few comments on all this :

Normally I wouldn't even comment on this whole deal, but in this case our lawyers were prepared to send him pretty nasty letter and before they did that, I've reached to Devin and basically asked - why you spread all those lies. And he replied to me which was unexpected and explained that he felt really bad that he was banned from being voluntary moderator after spending dozens of hours and being passionate about game for what he thinks was a small mistake.

So we've talked and I didn't even mentioned that we may go do anything legal against him - there wasn't any point in doing this - he offered to apologise and asked to be back helping community. Some of his ideas are actually quite good, so I decided that he deserve second chance.

You may see him on forums, and it'll be up to community to decide if you want him managing community or not. We're making this game for players, so it's up to players to tell us HOW game and community should grow.

Bottom line - we're all humans, we're doing stupid things, and sometimes those things are bad enough so we should pay price, and sometimes they're not that important and people should be given second chance.

Additionally - there is a thread on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/ that needs upvotes! The thread "WarZ forum mod that stirred up all that controversy last week admits he was lying." is on the front page. Please upvote this so people can see the truth about us and our game. (I would link directly to the thread but reddit automatically downvotes the thread when you do that.)

Thanks everyone!
Actually i don't know if you know this. But i read on gamespot or something like that. That the dev team are kinda sketchy since they look for the people that play the most then they ban them because they know they will buy the game again. And also the dev team decided in secret that if the micro transactions don't pay of 6 months down the line they have a back up plan to just disappear with all the money they have made and stop developing the game anymore. Although this information is provided by a major gaming website i am sceptic although i am also very sceptic to the game itself.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

(12-05-2012, 08:09 AM)Ghost_walker Wrote: Actually i don't know if you know this. But i read on gamespot or something like that. That the dev team are kinda sketchy since they look for the people that play the most then they ban them because they know they will buy the game again. And also the dev team decided in secret that if the micro transactions don't pay of 6 months down the line they have a back up plan to just disappear with all the money they have made and stop developing the game anymore. Although this information is provided by a major gaming website i am sceptic although i am also very sceptic to the game itself.

Wasn't Gamespot the one who pushed that story from a French gaming magazine about HL3 being an RP game?
Im so glad i didn't buy it. I'll stick to DayZ FOREVA!
The following 1 user Likes TheDeadPixel's post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington
Here is the lastest on WarZ. It made it onto steam for about 2 days before steam stopped selling it and issued refunds. The game false advertised extremely badly. Gamespy did an interview with the head guy Sergei and that was one of those most horrible interviews ever. Basically this entire game is scam to make fast money then bail. I will post links to resources so you can read for yourself. The ones I take seriously are Steam and Gamespy as they are fairly decent sources, though neither are perfect.

This is the easiest timeline source that provides links to back up the timeline where possible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/..._timeline/

Here is Rhinocrunch's most recent video (profanity, harsh language, consider this your warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrKdAjN4DM

Another youtube guy that actually identified pretty good detail about the company behind war inc and warz. Also has the head guy's actual name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8r5HN6k98
Yesterday someone from my uni posted this on our course's facebook page.

[Image: 470075_4420251342002_671253295_o.jpg]
(12-29-2012, 12:21 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Yesterday someone from my uni posted this on our course's facebook page.

I am quite, quite sure that this has been shopped.
(12-29-2012, 12:26 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 12:21 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Yesterday someone from my uni posted this on our course's facebook page.

I am quite, quite sure that this has been shopped.

I looked over it very carefully and it's hard to tell if it's been shopped. I'd like to say it's a fake however the head dude sergey did have to make an apology for calling spawncampers fa**ots during the game as well as false advertising on steam then making his apology state that the buyers misread what he wrote. I'd say with that background it's completely possible. Either way the game is a scam.