[Guide] Contraband (ie. Printers, Drug Labs)
Contaband: In's and Outs for Beginners. (First Guide, and it gets very large in middle due to my idiocy, and I don't know how to work with the text on forums anyway... :/)

Warning: Lengthy Guide

Weather you are the average citizen in EvoCity who needs to pass the time, or an Novice criminal looking for cash, this guide is for you!

The Intro:
So lets start off with the basics. These are some questions I see a lot, and we will get answers for you!

- What is Contraband?
Contraband is an item you buy that generates money over time. There are two kinds: A printer that costs $1000 to manufacture, and generates $250 every 5 mins, or a Drug labs which costs $750 to manufacture, and creates $140 every 5 mins.

- I see a printer, and a drug lab in the menu. Which one should I spend for?
There's a lot of variables when buying contra, for one, think about your location. If the area you will be contra farming is quite small, like a bathroom, then I suggest drug labs. They are small and compact, perfect to chuck in the tub. If you have more open space, like in a warehouse or office room THEN get a printer or two. The printer's model (standing up) is a bit larger than any player model, so use that to gauge how much room you have.

- I'm an average Citizen, and I see Contra in that player's house. What do I do?
When you see contraband in plain sight, weather it is through a window or past a see-through-material'd door, NEVER use Out of Character chat (ooc) to yell out "HAY, THAT [-------] IN THE [--------] HAS CONTRA!!1!one!!". When you see it, and it is clearly contraband, use /request to politley tell the government about it. If the president has it banned, then make sure you include the location for the police or SS agents to get rid of it.

- I am a Police Officer, and I've spotted Contra. What do I do?
First and fore-most, ask for backup, and then for a search/ arrest warrant from the President for the player that has the Contra. Once you have the search/ arrest warrant, you are allowed to enter the players home, destroy the Contra and arrest the player. Pro Tip: Asking the player to get rid of the Contra themselves, usually results in angry and/ or aggressive players.

- What's this "Energy 5/5" Thing...?
This is the Contraband's energy system. It ensures that you can't go out, for 3 hours, and come back to 50k waiting to be harvested. 1 Energy = 1 Generation of Money. (Either $140 for labs, or $250 for printers.) Once your printer has anywhere from 0-4 energy, simply Refill it by pressing 'E' and simultaneously taking your money from the machine to go spend on whatever you want!

Good! You know a bit more about Contra, lets go more in detail!

Do's and Dont's of Contra Farming. And I'm very sorry for this being large, I honestly couldn't fix it, help in comments?

DO'S:

- Do try to act normal.
Acting normal always helps. Don't be a mole rat, get outside and drive around!

- Do remember not to go overboard. Don't build a freaking huge fortress the size of the nexus for two printers and five drug labs, build something small with a Fading Door system. (And don't Double Door: Essentially placing a fading door right up next to a regular map door. You will most likely be banned!)

- Do keep your Contra safe!
If you let other people into your house, make a seperate room, or box for your contra. When you leave it wide open, even the people you trust could silently press 'E' and take your cash!

- Do be attentive of what's happening in the city.
If the President updates Laws or Taxes, make sure you know! Sure, while you're waiting for Contra to produce it can get boring, but don't leave your computer! Get an iPod and play games, or listen to some music.

DONT'S:

[color=#000000]- Don't ever use Contra as someone working for the Government, weather you're a Paramedic, or a Police officer, or the President! It's FailRP and your job to stop people from Contra farming, so don't go ahead and farm anyway!

- Don't put Contra in plain sight through windows, or material'd props!
Hide them somewhere safe, otherwise the Police will have enough evidence to get a Warrant for your arrest/ search.

- Don't say things like "Hey mate, where are you putting the Printers?" in Out Of Character. That's Meta-gaming, and serious Meta-gaming over and over will probably result in your ban.

You've got almost all of the key things about Contraband, if not all of them! Just one more thing...

Some good places to Contra Farm!

I'm gonna give you 3 of my favourite places to Contra farm, in different situations!

Situation 1) You're a rebel, corleone or a group of people who want to Contra farm. Simple! If it's not already taken, go to the car dealership and make a fading door or two, and block off the garage. Everyone has room to farm max Contra, just make sure you make rooms with Fading doors or doors.

Situation 2) You're on your own, most likely an Unemployed player, and you want to Contra farm. Once again, easy as pie. Since you're only one person, you don't need much room. I reccomend the Apartments past the little park by the Nexus. It's great, there's loads of rooms you can own and fill up with goodies! Hell, take the entire apartments if you think you need to.

Situation 3) It's you, and a buddy. Only two people. Head on over to the tall yellow warehouse in the industrial area, it's hard to miss. It's got 3 floors connected by ladders, so you can easily place all the contra you can. The ladders also give you high ground, so if you get raided or you have a search warrant, you can take out whoever wants to destroy your Contra.

That's it!

I hope you've enjoyed the crap out of my guide! It's my first guide, so excuse the 'no pictures'.

I will see you all later! -Payme
Excellently written. Thank you.