[Guide] Being Arrested
Roleplaying an Arrest
By Kalist for the Fearless RP Server

Being arrested is a common part of being a criminal on Fearless. Every time you commit a crime you have the possibility of being arrested as a punishment. Of course, doing jail time definitely is not the funnest part of being on FL-RP. I mean, who wants to sit in a cell, when you could be out roleplaying? At the same time, it was your choice to participate in the crime-breaking roleplay, and thus you should accept your punishment with pride.

Roleplay

[Image: Handcuffs-1.jpg]

Regardless of whether you committed the crime, whether you feel the jail time you were given is unjust, whether you dislike the cop who is arresting you OOC, or whether you dislike his roleplay; roleplay at all times. If you show the willingness to roleplay well, and realistically, the officer will probably give you more leeway as far as the arrest goes. The officer might be more willing to RP you escaping, just for showing good behavior. This part should honestly be common sense. But in the long run, you don't know the lengths people will go to, to avoid being arrested. This includes breaking FearRP.

Remember, even if you did not do anything and you are being framed you need to RP at all times. Telling an officer that you didn't do something (OOC) is pointless.

Be Attentive
[Image: Officer.jpg]

You don't know how many times cops in the server have had to PM people to come back due to them not being attentive. Pay attention to what the officer is doing. Whether it is cuffing you, frisking you, or anything else they may be doing, you need to be attentive. If you're not paying attention the officer could have cuffed you, and you might not know that and run off, causing a forum report on you.

Keep it In-Character
[Image: Attention.jpg]

A huge problem with arrests is that things are usually brought into OOC chat. Keep in mind that being arrested is completely in-character. You might not have done the crime IC, and you may be getting framed for it. Take it IC! Report the officer, offer the officer proof that you didn't do the crime. Do anything realistic in your power to avoid being arrested. However, if the officer is still adamant that you're being arrested, take it to the President and/or Commander of Police. Make an IC report on the officer and it will be looked at.

If a huge mistake has happened. Contact an Administrator / Moderator. If non present, gather evidence and post a report on the forums.

Thankyou for reading this guide. I hope you will take it to good use.

Kalist
The following 3 users Like Kalist's post:
  • Salinsky, equal, Nuka
Ah, this guide sure was needed. I don't think any others has stated anything about the topic.

Good work. Approved.
Thanks StillAlive Smile
Very nice guide you made here, Kalist.
Thanks man Wink
Useful.
The only thing that sustains me is my satanic lust for rep
The following 1 user Likes Spud's post:
  • Kalist
Sadly, FL needed this kind of guide. Many of you are wondering why people cry out "random arrest". I finally know the solution: (I was bored in school. And yes, the following example was inspired)

Imagine two pupils in class, perhaps 8th-graders. They talk to each other in class until the teacher notices and warns them. One of them shouts "I didn't do anything, that's so unfair!", while the other one says "Yes, I'm sorry for talking, my fault." Why do they say that? The former one thinks he can convince the teacher to prove his innocence, but he is unaware that many others have thought this before, therefore the teacher knows that he's lying. The other student takes responsibility for his actions, whether he started it or not. He ends the discussion without angering the other side, making the teacher less likely to send him out next time.

How to apply this to our roleplay? The students are two criminals getting arrested. The teacher is the police/president. The government is more likely to roleplay with the guy who takes responsibility for his actions and let him go sooner than the guy who screams about how he didn't do it.