Daaaamn
I've been playing on FL for a long while. I like the city rp, but it's too... how shall I say it? Hasty? I mean like... Everyone has got some sort of weapon all the time, and it's like everything goes in fast forward. But I like the thing with cars ,weapons, money and the freedom.
Lately i've been playing alot of HL2RP. It's waaaay different. It's pretty serious business. There are many citizens and none of them has weapons. Everythings like it goes in slow-mo with all the writing and no cross fire action. But.. .it's damn chill. You can eat something and drink while doing it. That's what makes it so awesome. After a while I got bored of the whole Half life situation, so I thought that "Hey! I could join Fearless and get that freedom-feeling back!".
And when I join the server, Mikey and another guy is running around with CP suits and stunsticks, the President have made a big wall by the tunnel to keep the Rebels out, and there's a big crossfire in the tunnel. I was like "omg, not here too!!!". I took part and enjoyed to finally get some crossfire action, but it all went in fastfastforward >.< damn, I've got nothing to do! Good thing we've got Taco soon Cheese
Okay I didn't understand half of what you said, but HL2RP I kewl... Not saying this is not... *shrugs*

Oh btw...
YOU HAVE A MESSAGE FROM THE SULTAN.
(02-12-2011, 07:01 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: I've been playing on FL for a long while. I like the city rp, but it's too... how shall I say it? Hasty? I mean like... Everyone has got some sort of weapon all the time, and it's like everything goes in fast forward. But I like the thing with cars ,weapons, money and the freedom.
Lately i've been playing alot of HL2RP. It's waaaay different. It's pretty serious business. There are many citizens and none of them has weapons. Everythings like it goes in slow-mo with all the writing and no cross fire action. But.. .it's damn chill. You can eat something and drink while doing it. That's what makes it so awesome. After a while I got bored of the whole Half life situation, so I thought that "Hey! I could join Fearless and get that freedom-feeling back!".
And when I join the server, Mikey and another guy is running around with CP suits and stunsticks, the President have made a big wall by the tunnel to keep the Rebels out, and there's a big crossfire in the tunnel. I was like "omg, not here too!!!". I took part and enjoyed to finally get some crossfire action, but it all went in fastfastforward >.< damn, I've got nothing to do! Good thing we've got Taco soon Cheese
You know, I tried hl2rp today, and I absolutely HATED it. It was really boring. The idea of hl2rp is clever though

This thread had been dead for like well over a month ..

Why would you post in here?
HL2RP is awesome. I played on a server for some months, started out as a citizen. In the end I applied for CP and got it. Was pure awesomeness.
The following 1 user Likes jught's post:
  • Skaara Dreadlocks
(03-18-2011, 09:22 AM)Sniperwolf Wrote: This thread had been dead for like well over a month ..

Why would you post in here?

What's wrong with posting on an old thread? And I posted here because there was no where else to post that Tounge
I know this tread is old but i never understoof hl2rp at all, could someone explain as i need something to do while the servers are down?

P.s Gmod.biz lies about how many play on there servers, tut tut tut
The following 1 user Likes dryblood321's post:
  • ixxassassinxxi
HL2RP is for serious roleplayers. And by serious I dont mean good. If you really like RP, you should try it out. Fact is that HL2RP is for nerds Tounge
(03-18-2011, 01:25 PM)dryblood321 Wrote: could someone explain as i need something to do while the servers are down?

P.s Gmod.biz lies about how many play on there servers, tut tut tut

* Skaara Dreadlocks cleans his throat.
You start as a citizen.You're held inside the city by the combine. You live in an apartment and, unfortunately, you rarely get rations. They are purple bags that the Combine delivers out when they feel that it's time to. These rations consists of Supplement (food), Breen's water and usually 60 tokens. Tokens are like money. All you do there is to chat with friends and avoid the CP. the CP's are walking around bullying with every citizen. Sometimes you find people that trade away "contraband" for tokens. Contraband are anything. From flashlights and books, to guns and ammo. If the combine searches you, then you don't want to have contraband on you. If you break the smallest rule there is, they will beat you up. And if it's a serious crime, they'll most likely "amputate" you, as they say. Amputate means kill. They might take you into the nexus (combine fortress Tounge) and interrogate/detain you in a cell. They have some awfull methods of making you speak. This is all bad, and mostly boring, but it could get a little cool once in a while. But. You're not going through this boredom and pain for nothing. There are resistance/rebel groups on the outside of the city. You can't reach the outside without their help. They rarely come to the city to get a citizen or two out of there. They'll most likely give you a resistance suit, and a gun and ammo. They'll take you to their camp where everyone has their own houses they live in, and they're a little society out there. It could get just as boring to be a rebel as a citizen, except that you have the freedom. And no CP's bothering you. Some rare times you meet zombies, and even hunters. But the best of it all, is when the combine comes for you. They rarely go on a patrol on the outside of the city. If they meet you, and you have a gun, you know what to do Wink

There are several different combine units that you can be. There are several different Xen (zombies) that you can be. Also Antlion and Antlion guard. Also vourtignants Tounge You have to apply for these on the forums, though. "/me" 's are used very, very often there. Unlike CityRP, HL2RP is slow-pased and relaxed, seeing as you use "/me" all the time. Even by just jumping down an edge or sitting down. It's very chill, so you can eat and drink stuff at the same time Tounge If you ever find yourself in a fist fight, you use /me. If youfind yourself in a gun-fight, you partially use /me. You are a good RPer if you miss. The guide says itself: Shoot, to miss, to make it enjoyable.
That's about all I can think of for now Tounge It's really Awesome Cheese For the moment City45 is DEFINITALEYHEA the best map.
Your explanation is pretty good there Skaara, but I'm gonna close this thread as it kinda borderlines on advertising other Garry's Mod communities.

So I'll close it before that happens, since you've explained the entire gamemode, and nothing more needs to be said Smile