Moderator promotions
Congratulations, but, 10 reserved slots? Does this mean it's now going to be 60/50 when all moderators are online? And they probably are due to the fact that most of the listed moderators are active. It's tough enough when we have to wait for 51/50 to decrease...

Sorry if this question has already been answered, and also sorry if the answer to this question is blatantly obvious, I'm just confused!

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
(11-20-2012, 02:40 PM)Captain Mathias Wrote: Why have admins if they're not on the server

THey are used to be there.

Things have changed. Some admins found interest in something else in a little while, and others just needs a break from the servers. All the admins is still helping with solutions and decisions on the forums, I believe. But it doesn't require your attention 24/7 either.

Moderators in this case, is the solution to the proplem. I'm sorry but I can't see the proplem in this, I really can't. You ask for more administration on the servers, now you get it. The only difference between the Admins and the Moderators is the powers. But what's the difference, when they stop the minging just as much as an admin. They can keep the minges away in 24 hours can't they? And most of them is active every day. For the bigger rulebreakers, it just requires a small report and some gathered evidence. And I can assure you, the admins do their job on the forums. Especially in the Court section.
The following 1 user Likes Kalist's post:
  • SoulRipper
(11-20-2012, 02:48 PM)Small Bear Wrote: Congratulations, but, 10 reserved slots? Does this mean it's now going to be 60/50 when all moderators are online? And they probably are due to the fact that most of the listed moderators are active. It's tough enough when we have to wait for 51/50 to decrease...

Sorry if this question has already been answered, and also sorry if the answer to this question is blatantly obvious, I'm just confused!

There will only be one reserved slot as always.
Congratulations guys! And Equal, though it's not a full admin, this was bound to happen some time!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(11-20-2012, 03:13 PM)Captain Mathias Wrote: Moderators is used to be on forums

Administrators is used to be on the server

thats how it works overall the communities and the most normal.

Admin's is admins to administrate the server..

If their "spare time" dosent allow them to be on the server, why did they say yes to be administrator in the first place? I know admins will hate me for this but its just the fact.

I dont have anything the moderators. I just dont get why we have admins if they just are there...useless...

Thats how i think.

So your entire argument lies on the supposed definition of the words used by other communities?
(11-20-2012, 04:28 PM)Captain Mathias Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 04:27 PM)Adman Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 03:13 PM)Captain Mathias Wrote: Moderators is used to be on forums

Administrators is used to be on the server

thats how it works overall the communities and the most normal.

Admin's is admins to administrate the server..

If their "spare time" dosent allow them to be on the server, why did they say yes to be administrator in the first place? I know admins will hate me for this but its just the fact.

I dont have anything the moderators. I just dont get why we have admins if they just are there...useless...

Thats how i think.

So your entire argument lies on the supposed definition of the words used by other communities?

Quote: Thats how i think.

Well put it this way, moderators are simply admins with less powers focused on the servers.

Yes, it is disappointing that some admins are inactive, what lies before you is a simple solution not only to that, but to the greater problem of 24/7 moderation. Hopefully timezones can be considered even more now.
I've seen an admin or a moderator online every time the server had at least 15 players.

Its easier, much easier to get help ingame, minges get banned quickly, I don't see the issue?
The server is pretty much getting moderated 24/7 now Tounge
The moderators are doing great.
The following 2 users Like HellShell's post:
  • SoulRipper, Verenikin
lets say a moderator and a player starts to argue on ooc chat. And the mod tells the player to stop the argument. But the player insist on arguing until he wins the convo, is that a valid reason for the mod to kick the player?
(11-20-2012, 04:47 PM)Ne0ster Wrote: lets say a moderator and a player starts to argue on ooc chat. And the mod tells the player to stop the argument. But the player insist on arguing until he wins the convo, is that a valid reason for the mod to kick the player?

Yes, you shouldn't argue with Moderators, (Trial) Administrators, or anything above. I don't get why you should, unless you're 110% the moderator ( or something above ) has done something wrong, but even if you are sure, try doing it through PM, players don't want their OOC to be spammed by someone else.

Usually when people argue with Administrators they're wrong, and that's why they get kicked / banned. Respect the administrators decision and move on with life.