Moderator promotions
So far I've seen Ghost perform as a moderator. He responds quickly to issues and is fair in his judgement. Example, I was a rebel attempting to rob a man at gunpoint. I was only asking him for 20 bucks as I wasn't really trying to make profit, merely trying to hassle someone into calling the cops to establish "rep" as a criminal. You know, RP being a street thug. The man ran from me (breaking fear RP) so I chased him down the street. When I caught up to him he had a USP pulled out and pointed at me. I told him that was a bad idea and he shot me once without saying anything. So I ended up dropping him like a sack of potatoes right there in the street. Within a second of his dying Ghost was there and asked why I killed him. I explained and ghost deemed it a good shooting (not that I think he supports killing people but good as in I wasn't wrong for killing a man who shot me first). Sure robbing people isn't a nice thing to do, but I don't think I was breaking the rules by doing so. Whenever I raided a building later, I made sure to have another rebel with me. The people I raided were corleones for establishing a contra base in the door next to our HQ. Went to enter and the door was unlocked but double doored. I tried to contact the owner but he didn't respond after trying LOOC OOC or PM. So Ghost came, saw what was wrong and took care of it. Further into the raid they had hidden drug labs in props so we couldn't get to them. Again ghost there in seconds.

That kind of response time is what we really need when it comes to issues on the server. The fair judgement of the situation (listening to both sides if possible, looking at it yourself as a mod/admin) is critical to keeping the place free of jurks who break rules and at the same time takes weight off the admins plate. I support the mods thus far and hope it stays a good thing. -Jok Hah
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Nuka
(11-20-2012, 08:52 AM)Jokhah Wrote: -snip-

I agree.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Equalizer responded a lot
That's why I thank him
I appreciate that Tomorrow.
Wooho
Yay! Zealord is a friend of mine. Grats Zealord, and to the rest of you.
(11-19-2012, 10:23 PM)Biowulf Wrote: The moderator status pretty much is a slap in the face screaming: "You're not good enough for admin, so we give you this shitty compensation instead".

Thats how I see it at least.

Finally we have the same opinion about something - I would rather see some more active admins than this whole moderator section stuff was made. :-)
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

The following 2 users Like Andreas's post:
  • Biowulf, Nadrickk
You got it wrong. Moderators is "trusted" players if you can put it that way. They are supposed to focus on the server not the community itself. The admins is busy because they can't focus on the servers only, they need to discuss how the community can run better. So they came to decision putting up these moderators to focus on the server ONLY, because the admins don't have time to play on the servers as much as others.

Moderators is players who don't need to know the "secrets" of FL, they just do what they are told to by the staff. Imagine if all the moderators became admins. First of all it wouldn't only be chaos, but it would be REALLY hard to come up with decisions for the community as everyone would then have different opinions.

Decreased amount of admins with good decisions is better, than increased amount of admins with bad decisions.
The following 2 users Like Kalist's post:
  • equal, Jacob1029
(11-20-2012, 02:30 PM)Kalist Wrote: You got it wrong. Moderators is "trusted" players if you can put it that way. They are supposed to focus on the server not the community itself. The admins is busy because they can't focus on the servers only, they need to discuss how the community can run better. So they came to decision putting up these moderators to focus on the server ONLY, because the admins don't have time to play on the servers as much as others.

Moderators is players who don't need to know the "secrets" of FL, they just do what they are told to by the staff. Imagine if all the moderators became admins. First of all it wouldn't only be chaos, but it would be REALLY hard to come up with decisions for the community as everyone would then have different opinions.

Decreased amount of admins with good decisions is better, than increased amount of admins with bad decisions.

Amen, brother!
Congrats All and Congrats my two bros Salinsky Zealord Cheese