Moderator promotions
(11-20-2012, 06:00 PM)Undercover Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 04:46 PM)HellShell Wrote: The server is pretty much getting moderated 24/7 now Tounge
The moderators are doing great.

May have to add a little part here during to my experience. Admining/moderating will not be the same, give it a few months and people will be pissed off and probably start to go inactive. I know this and i'm pretty sure its gonna happen again unless you keep the team smooth and adding new people as soon as you think they fit in for the job.

By banning / being around minges for a few months a lot hours a day will get you pissed off sooner or lator :-)

Thats the only thing im worried about could happen.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(11-20-2012, 06:00 PM)Undercover Wrote: By banning / being around minges for a few months a lot hours a day will get you pissed off sooner or lator :-)

Believe it or not
I had an Administration experience previously before
Trust me
What really I really enjoyed a lot, is banning minges.
And I was!... until that community was closed...
I have 1 minor request. Could the moderators warn us before banning or kicking? Maybe if we build a watch tower in our base or something like that.. Most people wouldnt know that is agaisnt the ruled and gets kicked or banned. Could the mod tell us that this is against the rules and tell us to remove the prop? Instead of just banning/kicking on the spot. Cause it kinda scares me since im quite new and i unsure if what i do is agaisnt the rules sometimes Smile
(11-20-2012, 06:07 PM)Dr Tomorrow Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 06:00 PM)Undercover Wrote: By banning / being around minges for a few months a lot hours a day will get you pissed off sooner or lator :-)

Believe it or not
I had an Administration experience previously before
Trust me
What really I really enjoyed a lot, is banning minges.
And I was!... until that community was closed...

So did I and it got really boring after some time, and since we are talking about FL minges its hopeless. Some can be funny and other can be idiots and keep on pissing you off. And after they've pissed you off a lot you decided to go inactive. I did the same, went offline for a week because of those minges and it required a lot time.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(11-20-2012, 06:07 PM)Ne0ster Wrote: I have 1 minor request. Could the moderators warn us before banning or kicking? Maybe if we build a watch tower in our base or something like that.. Most people wouldnt know that is agaisnt the ruled and gets kicked or banned. Could the mod tell us that this is against the rules and tell us to remove the prop? Instead of just banning/kicking on the spot. Cause it kinda scares me since im quite new and i unsure if what i do is agaisnt the rules sometimes Smile

Sounds like the moderators are extremely ban happy instead of guiding, talking, teaching the new players how it's done... Or am I wrong?

'Cause the moment someone said the F-word on OOC, he got banned for a day...
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 6 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Colonel Burger, Nadrickk, Kalist, Biowulf, Prosto, Lee_myung_jae
It is, and will never be easy to administrate ( moderate, whatever you call it ) a server, if you know you can't handle it, don't start.
Suggestion: Might want to make the moderator colour a little bit darker?
(11-20-2012, 06:07 PM)Ne0ster Wrote: I have 1 minor request. Could the moderators warn us before banning or kicking? Maybe if we build a watch tower in our base or something like that.. Most people wouldnt know that is agaisnt the ruled and gets kicked or banned. Could the mod tell us that this is against the rules and tell us to remove the prop? Instead of just banning/kicking on the spot. Cause it kinda scares me since im quite new and i unsure if what i do is agaisnt the rules sometimes Smile

That is all up to the mod/admin dealing with it. Personally I take a more moderate (Lol get it?!) approach and try to guide and teach the players. At the end of the day you're expected to follow the rules. I know it can be hard, but if you're ever unsure of something, feel free to contact an admin/mod online. That way, you can check it out.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • BambusBo
(11-20-2012, 02:30 PM)Kalist Wrote: You got it wrong. Moderators is "trusted" players if you can put it that way. They are supposed to focus on the server not the community itself. The admins is busy because they can't focus on the servers only, they need to discuss how the community can run better. So they came to decision putting up these moderators to focus on the server ONLY, because the admins don't have time to play on the servers as much as others.

Moderators is players who don't need to know the "secrets" of FL, they just do what they are told to by the staff. Imagine if all the moderators became admins. First of all it wouldn't only be chaos, but it would be REALLY hard to come up with decisions for the community as everyone would then have different opinions.

Decreased amount of admins with good decisions is better, than increased amount of admins with bad decisions.

Actually, on v2d it had bugged, so moderators had admin rights and stuff. They handled it pretty well, but else I agree with you.
(11-20-2012, 06:13 PM)Infernaw Wrote:

Sounds like the moderators are extremely ban happy instead of guiding, talking, teaching the new players how it's done... Or am I wrong?

'Cause the moment someone said the F-word on OOC, he got banned for a day...

I wouldn't be ban happy, i'd do a 30 min- 1 hour OOC blacklist

Hint Hint XD
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor