Recent Ban...
Your name: Seven

Your ban ID: 16857

Banned by: Grub

Reason: Ramming into a wall with car until killed

Involved: Just me and the admin...no grudges, btw. Love Grub.

Why we should unban you: Well, I know I shouldn't be doing this since my ban is under 24 hours (like 23.99 wtf), but..

Basically I spawned as a female rebel, but the character model was a glaring ERROR. Now I don't know about you, but I find it kind of difficult to RP good when I'm a giant fucking ERROR sign. So, I took it upon myself to kill myself and respawn with the real model. I did not kill myself in a minge-y way, i.e. I did not propkill myself, I did not ask someone to kill me... I simply took my car and ran it into a wall a few times. This may be a stretch, but you could say I was RPing as a terrible driver.

Anywho, the reason I want to put this out here is that Grub (no hard feelings) did not warn me that this was a bannable offense. I don't think it says in the rules that I can't kill myself with my own car, and if it is an unspoken rule it is not a well known one. How I think this should have been handled (other than me calling the admin and explaining the situation, which I understand was one thing I didn't do and I should have) instead of the admin watching me hurt myself until I died and then banning me on the spot, was he should have warned me as I did this act that "Hey bro, you can't just ram your car till you die."

I don't believe this will lift my ban, but I had to put it out there that admins should give more warnings before straight up banning people. Especially when the person has *cough cough* 300+ hours and probably cares enough about the game to correct themself and return to regular RP.

Thanks.

In fact, here are the Vehicle rules. There is no rule about suicide via car crashing, only some pertaining to CarDM intended to harm other players or cars:

[Vehicle Rules]
1. Do not run people over at purpose and always try to brake or avoid the person.
2. Drive at the right side (not left) of the street, and not on the pavement.
3. Don't park your car on the middle of the street.
4. When your car is stuck, call an admin. You can gently try to move it with a prop if required. When your car is upside down you should use /flip to flip it.
5. Do not modify cars with props or tools without prior admin approval. Admins may modify a car with small objects/materials if it is required for an event.
6. Do not make seats in the back of the tides truck to transport people. IE:Seats thrown into the back or by making it a bus.
7. Do not reconnect to get your stolen car back.
8. Do not build your own vehicle.
9. Do not spam the horn or siren.
10. Do not use your car to propblock the street, to propblock your base, or other locations where people have to pass.
11. Don't randomly crash into other vehicles.
12. Don't steal someones car when it’s getting unlocked.
13. Do not climb on your car, this is considered as propclimbing.
14. Don't steal peoples cars randomly or for a bad RP reason (IE:Stealing to sell back to the owner is not allowed)
You are not allowed to kill yourself overall. The ban was more than justified.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(11-09-2012, 09:29 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: You are not allowed to kill yourself overall. The ban was more than justified.

Well in the rules it says you are only not allowed to kill yourself to avoid an RP situation. (which I wasn't doing, I had just spawned) So, either I took the rule too loosely or it simply isn't stated well enough?

I hate to sound harsh, you know, but it just seemed a little off to me.

And I still think there could have at the least been a warning.

Again, no hard feelings to anyone.

:/
Unbanned as a gesture of good will from our end. However, behave yourself properly in the future - you won't get lucky like this again.