Problem regarding 'Paparazzi RP'
Hello.

I've recently seen many who likes to RP as a paparazzi, oh yeah, the opportunity is there with the new flashing light system on the camera, and it drives me crazy when they spam it, cause the flashing light just keeps on bursting.

I suppose this is Fail RP? If it's not, it sure should be categorized as it.
(11-04-2012, 09:25 AM)Narcotic Wrote: Hello.

I've recently seen many who likes to RP as a paparazzi, oh yeah, the opportunity is there with the new flashing light system on the camera, and it drives me crazy when they spam it, cause the flashing light just keeps on bursting.

I suppose this is Fail RP? If it's not, it sure should be categorized as it.

1st, problems and bugs go to the "suggestion & bugs" subforum.

2nd, already has been discussed and the flashes are gone from the servers, have a nice day.
Just here to discuss it, not report it.

Oh, and no, the flashing lights are NOT gone.
(11-04-2012, 09:43 AM)Johnny the Hedgehog Wrote: 1st, problems and bugs go to the "suggestion & bugs" subforum.

2nd, already has been discussed and the flashes are gone from the servers, have a nice day.

Fairly sure Narcotic wouldn't make a post regarding the flashing lights if they hadn't have been removed, perhaps only for him. Also, this question is regarding the roleplay aspect which is perfectly fine to place in the 'Roleplay' section; he isn't reporting a bug.

Anyhow, I haven't been on the server for a while so I suppose it could be annoying. /job Paparazzi and then spamming it at anyone who walks around I would definitely class as FailRP, only 'famous' people would have the Paparazzi at their heels.

People I would class as famous - Don Corleone (Perhaps), President, anyone roleplaying a celebrity. (These are all people classed as 'celebrities', perhaps not notable.)
People I would class as being worth of news reporting (Not necessarily paparazzi) - Rebel Opposition Leader, Police Commander, President, people roleplaying as notable people; i.e Presidential Candidate, Nuclear Power Plant owner etc. [These people probably wouldn't have flashes going off every second, perhaps only a picture for the front page if you catch my drift.]
I must say, Narcotic, I don't know why the flashes haven't been removed for you, but for me and many others they're gone...
Alright, sorry about my last comment then... But adman's right, paparazzi RP should only work if the person knows what he's doing.
(11-04-2012, 10:06 AM)Adman Wrote:
(11-04-2012, 09:43 AM)Johnny the Hedgehog Wrote: 1st, problems and bugs go to the "suggestion & bugs" subforum.

Fairly sure Narcotic wouldn't make a post regarding the flashing lights if they hadn't have been removed, perhaps only for him. Also, this question is regarding the roleplay aspect which is perfectly fine to place in the 'Roleplay' section; he isn't reporting a bug.

Anyhow, I haven't been on the server for a while so I suppose it could be annoying. /job Paparazzi and then spamming it at anyone who walks around I would definitely class as FailRP, only 'famous' people would have the Paparazzi at their heels.

People I would class as famous - Don Corleone (Perhaps), President, anyone roleplaying a celebrity. (These are all people classed as 'celebrities', perhaps not notable.)
People I would class as being worth of news reporting (Not necessarily paparazzi) - Rebel Opposition Leader, Police Commander, President, people roleplaying as notable people; i.e Presidential Candidate, Nuclear Power Plant owner etc. [These people probably wouldn't have flashes going off every second, perhaps only a picture for the front page if you catch my drift.]

....Or a murderous psychopath coming out/in to his trial hearing.
Lol.

You know, the Tea Pot murders are the kind of thing that would show up on the newspaper.
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
(11-09-2012, 11:17 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote:
(11-04-2012, 10:06 AM)Adman Wrote:

....Or a murderous psychopath coming out/in to his trial hearing.
Lol.

You know, the Tea Pot murders are the kind of thing that would show up on the newspaper.

Indeed they are, though probably with mugshots. Wink
Paparazzis are the true real life trolls, walking around celebrities with cameras and flashing all over. They were made to piss people off. So the same is here, on FL.
[Image: _Deal_with_it_dog.gif]
They sure as Hell ain't gone for me.
I just get random flash'd because I was in the bloody nexus!