Raging
It seems some people are unaware of what raging is.
I like reading others' discussions. Like for example the recent admin abuse threads, I actually enjoy reading comments from one part against another.
But at the end, it gets closed. "Due to raging". That's a word that's been used too damn often. You have no way of knowing how the writer means to express how he's saying what he's writing. Unless you read properly through his comment, and try to check if he's actually expressing rage-sentences, or having a serious argumentation.
Because discussions are mostly calm, while argumentations are seen as agressive discussions. But that's not true. Argumentations are where people discuss a subject,
and their comments are against each other. That's the difference between discussions and argumentations. Argumentations, though, can be full of raging, and they often are, but they don't have to be.

Signs of raging:
Exclamationmarks like ! or several !'s like !!!!!. Several question marks, though, are not raging unless they add a !. Several question marks can be expressed by the player wondering very hard about what he's asking, is unpatient for an answer or is surprised over what he's asking about.

Several grammatic failures like forgetting to add a certain word. Also writing wrong several times indicates that the writer is writing fast, which clearifies that he's raging unless he's not good at english.

Capital letters indicates that he's very agressive, but is trying to hold it back. It can also indicate that he's writing fast. Caps lock is especially a sign of raging when used in several words after each other. Writing one word with caps lock shows that he's saying the word with deep expression. For example he's saying "I didnt mean to go over it, I ment to go THROUGH it".
Using two words with caps lock after each other also shows a sign of agression that's being held back.

Forgetting commas and periods might make a person's text seem full of rage, because commas and periods works like pauses. With no pauses, the text is written fast, and therefor it seems ragy.

Using swear words does also have a strong effect. It can express meanings about people, but the reason why people should avoid it, is because it easily gets taken as raging, seeing as it almost always is. Using swear words also indicates that your vocabulary is very weak.

You might want to say that someone is raging at you when he's throwing arguments at you, and you're trying to get away from them. But please, just don't say raging randomly, 'cuz it's so fail.

The experienced readers that might want to use this, will probably read all of this, while people that doesnt have time/ doesnt want to, people like me, won't read it Tounge Hope it helps in any way Smile

"In psychiatry, rage is a mental state that is one extreme of the intensity spectrum of anger. When a person experiences rage it usually lasts until a threat is removed or the person under rage is incapacitated."

-Wikipedia
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 1 user Likes Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Skaara Dreadlocks
(02-02-2011, 09:08 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: "In psychiatry, rage is a mental state that is one extreme of the intensity spectrum of anger. When a person experiences rage it usually lasts until a threat is removed or the person under rage is incapacitated."

-Wikipedia

That's my whole point.
Everybody knows what rage is.. you sure you aren't just bored Tounge?
(02-03-2011, 03:36 PM)2Deep Wrote: Everybody knows what rage is.. you sure you aren't just bored Tounge?
No, he's just being Skaara.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(02-03-2011, 03:36 PM)2Deep Wrote: Everybody knows what rage is.. you sure you aren't just bored Tounge?

Lol look in Help & Support section and my thread that is now sticky Guns/Jobs/Contra... THAT is the result of pure boredom xD
Sorry.. But.. Is there actually someone who said 'i dunno what raging is????????????????', or was it just beacuse you needed something to write?C:
AND who dosent know what raging is? <.<
Everyone seems to know what it is, but some doesnt seem to know when to use the word 'raging'.
Since when did you become a psycratist?(i dont know, how to write it lolSad )
(02-04-2011, 09:31 PM)alexandra Wrote: Since when did you become a psycratist?(i dont know, how to write it lolSad )

My mom says in unusually socially intelligent lol Tounge