There is no RP
I'm going to reply to each post. first:

Bane:

I absolutely agree. Once in a blue moon when the stars align and a priest touches him self, we have great RP. I have seen these moments. The problem is, this is 0.1 percent of the time.

OusmN:

Why would he be shooting at me randomly? This is called RDM and is against the rules and SHOULD BE ENFORCED. This is not a valid reason.

You said "Or if you have a RP reason to raid"

What would be a reason? Remember, raids happen almost every second the server is up. You think anyone has a really good reason? Of course they don't. They just want to raid and I can understand that. And I don't mind being raided because it would be boring if we didn't get raided. There should be RP within the raids though. That's what makes this an RP server.

Also, are you kidding me? Of course random raids happen. Go tell some poor family that was robbed by some random guy this and they will spit in your face.

Bane no. 2:

I completely agree.

I also want to point out, I'm obviously not a minge. Have I run over people running in the middle of the road before? Sure, this is an accident. Especially considering the fact that lag takes 2 seconds for breaks to kick in so it's not even worth braking any more.

I can understand people not going out to RP someone running someone over every time because people love to run in the middle of the street and accidents happen very often. It would get more than repetitive.
Why arent you reporting these people?

If they are breaking the rules and you are sick of it you report them to the administration team not sit here and complain about them.
You know how many ban requests you have made in your time here on Fearless? None.
I could see if you were one of the people who make millions of ban requests and are just sick of it but you have done nothing as a player to stop this other than right now.
You are not understanding what I am saying.

This is the entire community. This is the way the game is played. I would have to report 90 percent of the server and the servers would be bone dry. I don't report these people because I'm not mad at random raids against me. I understand these people for random raiding me. They know I have contraband, and they want it. I always record my game with source recorder for minges. People that prop push and spam and do stupid shit I look to report. If you look at my Gangwars profile, on that community I have made DOZENS of ban requests because of the huge amount of minges. The reason they don't ban is because the founder of the community lives off of the fucking donations. He has a huge donation shop and they don't ban minges because they make money off of them. Kind of fucked up.
Salinsky Wrote:, which is why I won't put you down.
LolWAT?

Nah, Agent, I agree with you on most points.
But it's impossible to realize a good RP server in the scale of 50 players ánd semi-serious. If you really want to RP that bad, wait until, this feels weird to say and is in no way meant offensive, 'better' players get online and try to contact them for some RP. They're usually in the mood for it.

All else...Ban requests, ban requests, ban requests, ban requests.
lol
[Image: Fearless.png]
PM | Email | Steam                    
Dat Fraps.
I wanted to answer your questions in your start post, however when I read this:

Quote:Also, if we we're really meant to RP, then why is the server's owner constantly running around blasting his mic?

I realize your statements are based on nothing, and you're just a frustrated banned person.

Quote:He has a huge donation shop and they don't ban minges because they make money off of them. Kind of fucked up.

Please, take just one look at the ban page.

Quote:Propspam to get himself killed

That is your first ban here, you are pointing fingers at minges, but meanwhile you're doing nothing different than they do.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(10-31-2012, 09:25 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: -What soul wrote-

[Image: amen-brother.jpg]

On-Topic: These thread comes in occasionally, and if I remember right you were the one complaining about the "Modifying Cars" rule yesterday on 33x.

SoulRipper and Infernaw were having fun yesterday, that might be where you got the "Screaming down his mic" thing. But thats not something that happenes everyday, isnt he allowed to have fun aswell?

You're right about the Contrawhoring thing and random raiding constantly.

I don't know really.
Ok let us have a look at this.

Firstly, your points regarding Ruxandra cannot be expanded upon by me. I have no actual experience with her; everyone has preferences as to which admins they do or do not like and so if you feel so strongly about this then perhaps you could bring it up with someone 'higher up'.

Anyhow, on to the rest. Now you, and notably Mr Crates too, bring up some valuable points. A pretty simple solve to this which would decrease the aggressive rp (This is what I shall refer to when speaking of what you mention as 'random raids/contrawhoring/raiding pres etc.) would be to have several other forms of income that are as or even more lucrative then contraband. Contraband already has its negatives, such as being so risky, but this is not enough.

Now, unfortunately I have not been on the server since Gmod 13 was released so I cannot say how it has differed but before that, you couldn't say 'There was no real good RP' when I saw it almost everyday. I agree that there is not as much 'roleplay' as I would like, but in a sense people are roleplaying; they're just doing it in an overly aggressive way. It is an inevitable fact that at the end of the day Garry's Mod is a game. And a large proportion of people who may come on to Fearless want to play it as a typical game, with the objective being fairly linear in the sense you want the best cars, best guns and the most money. How does that happen? You guessed it, through raiding and contraband.

This point carries further, because I shall admit for my first 100 hours I did little other than contrafarm. I was so inept at roleplaying I was intimidated by it (My first time on any form of roleplay whatsoever) and I suspect there is a little of this too. You also have to take into account, unfortunately, that a lot of people find roleplays typically regarded as good and passive boring.

So a large part of the problem is the playerbase. You have a choice, you yourself don't have to raid/contrawhore. You choose to and so when you pay the dividends for it's risks then don't complain. A lot of people don't roleplay well, that is a fact. Whatever reason it is, perhaps they feel 'Why the f*ck should I sit here and get arrested for jaywalking when I could be leveling on WoW' or perhaps there are barriers limiting their ability to roleplay well such as language, age or experience. (There are obviously exceptions to these, I am generalising for the point of argument.)

Overall, you bring up valid points but I hate to say it they're nothing new. I am sure many people realise a new way of funding has to be implemented, this was discussed slightly in Crate's suggestion to remove Rebels/Corleones.

A side note, I am fairly sure a valid reason for raiding is simply the actual evidence of their being contraband in there. 'Suspicion' doesn't cut it. If you see it, or more commonly hear it's distinctive sounds then you're entitled to raid as far as I know.

In response to other posts, to quickly extinguish any further and unneeded argument:

(10-31-2012, 09:25 AM)SoulRipper Wrote:
Quote:He has a huge donation shop and they don't ban minges because they make money off of them. Kind of fucked up.
Please, take just one look at the ban page.

I do believe he is talking about the owner of the 'Gangwars' community he referred to.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Holdem
(10-31-2012, 01:39 AM)Jerry Microwave Wrote: I'm way to lazy to read all of this, someone mind posting a short summary?

You have received a warning for Spam. This doesn't add anything, and if you wish to really know what the thread is about, please read it instead of asking someone else to summarize it for you.

Regarding the first post:

(10-31-2012, 01:28 AM)Agentmass Wrote: I know this is a dictatorship and all online communities are

I think stating that the community is a dictatorship is slightly exaggerating. The community, as all online communities are, are private ones, therefore the rules of the owner apply. Same as any bar you walk into, the rules of the owner applies; if he doesn't want people to smoke, you can't, thus doesn't mean he's a dictator.

(10-31-2012, 01:28 AM)Agentmass Wrote: We should all realize something. There is no such thing as real RP on Perp, DarkRP, or AppleJack servers. There is semi-RP which involves the mafia raiding people for their goods, people selling stuff on the side of the street, protecting the president, and other small RP events like that.

I have to agree with you here. As an Admin I could say that there is RP, but the truth is that when I'm around, everyone around me is at their best, either for the RP points, because they don't want to get banned or for any other reason, such as having a good impression of them. I know for a fact that a lot of people will pass on RPing things out and will just focus on one thing, whether it's protecting their contraband, following someone or doing whatever. They will ignore anything that happens between A and B.

An example just in case I haven't expressed myself well enough:

A person is going to buy a gun off someone. He accidentally runs over a person, but since he's already told this person that he will be there he ignores it and continues.

Agentmass Wrote:Every raid that happens is done because of trying to acquire contraband, or just for the sake of raiding.
Another fact is that most people seem to enjoy playing this way.

I agree.

Agentmass Wrote:The gamemode is structured to contrawhore to get the best cars and weapons. Why give us so many options for cars and weapons if the game was truly about RP?

I have to disagree a little here. It is true that weapons are cheap, that contraband is easy to make and ammo is easy to acquire too. But the gamemode is not structured to be made this way. CityRP is made this way so it's as realistic as possible. It has many food/items, contraband, vehicles, suits, jobs, etc. It's made so it has everything, but unfortunately people don't see it this way, and rather go for the "Money making" way, which is just contraband and raiding.

Agentmass Wrote:Then why is the server's owner constantly running around blasting his mic?

I've very rarely seen Soul do this, and I believe I have seen him online much more than you, therefore I have to disagree on this.

Agentmass Wrote:Remembering everything I just said, including the fact that if you make a base, you will get raided, why are people, including me, getting banned for playing the game the way it was designed to.

As I stated before, the game isn't meant to be played like this, it's people that decide they should play it this way. Personally I ban everyone that raids without a sufficient reason, which is 70% of the people. 25% get a warning because it's acceptable but shouldn't of done so, and 5% have got valid reasons.

Agentmass Wrote:I am the type of person that usually sits in a base and prints money.

Even though I agree that when you try to RP (If you're not an Admin), it's pretty difficult and frustrating. But, by staying inside a base and print money your chances of actually RPing drop a lot, and with a 95% chance the only "RP" you will come by is people raiding you, thus giving you the impression that people only do that, even though I agree some people only actually do that.

Agentmass Wrote:I decided today to go on the offense for the first time and steal someone else's money. I played the game the way everyone plays it, and I get banned for it.

As stated before, this isn't the way the game is meant to be played. Just because most of the people do it doesn't mean you should too and it will be okay. I understand your point of view, but I will stand my ground and say that your actions where not correct. It's like living somewhere where you are always getting mugged. One day you decide to mug someone and get caught by Police, then claim that's how life is meant to be in that area that you live. I apologize but I believe you acted wrongly here.

Agentmass Wrote:You can make the argument saying that because everyone does it doesn't mean you should. The fact is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to play this way.

I agree that it's difficult to RP nicely without anyone messing around, but just because some people break the rules and just act like idiots doesn't mean it's Okay for you to do so.

Agentmass Wrote:There is no real good RP.

I have to disagree. There are pretty good RP scenarios which most people ignore.
Also, by lowering yourself to other's people's standards, raiding without reason and just contrawhoring, you're not helping either. Don't expect good RP if most of the time you're just contrawhoring.

Agentmass Wrote:I got banned for playing the way these gamemodes have been played for years.

You got banned for playing the way rulebreakers have been playing for years.

Agentmass Wrote:Someone who agrees with me on the picture bellow. Not sure if his ban was legitimate, unlike mine.

I do not know the situation in which you where banned. I was not there hence I don't know what I would of done. For what I have seen though, you broke the rules because other people break them all the time and you think it's okay to do so, since you think that if so many people do it it's okay. I believe you have the wrong point of view here.

That's all for now.
Regards,
Holdem.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
I total agree with you on this mate 100% with you,

also my friends got banned from this server (perm) for just shooting a admin because they both thought the server is corrupt by certain admins (NOT NAMING NAMES!)
They were both dedicated to the server and on little thing to a admin BAM they get perm-ban no talking to them just message came up on there screen "please check www.fearlessrp.net to see your BAN information, they donated many times and played many hours (450h) (340h)

I was annoyed when they got banned because who am i going to RP with "i don't know " so then i lost all of my RP exsperience so i decided just to drive around in my BMW and that all I do because of one silly little thing my school friends did !