Roleplaying as a police officer.
Question 
I am kinda new to CityRP and this community overall, I only been playing for 10 hours on the server.

My favorite job to play as is Police officer, but it's not really fun anymore since no one takes them seriously. One example was a citizen stole my police car, I chased him and he threatened to get me banned and report me because im apparently lying even though I saw him get in and out of the car.

Yet he still claims it was his, then he says "BRB GOTTA GO AFK" propblocks the door, goes to a toilet... Pulls out a FAMAS and starts shooting at me.

And when im issuing driving tickets people just run away or jump out infront of a car.
(10-27-2012, 09:07 PM)Jegowndig Wrote: Yet he still claims it was his, then he says "BRB GOTTA GO AFK" propblocks the door, goes to a toilet... Pulls out a FAMAS and starts shooting at me.

If anyone does that then call an admin or make a ban request. It's against the rules.
(10-27-2012, 09:26 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 09:07 PM)Jegowndig Wrote: Yet he still claims it was his, then he says "BRB GOTTA GO AFK" propblocks the door, goes to a toilet... Pulls out a FAMAS and starts shooting at me.

If anyone does that then call an admin or make a ban request. It's against the rules.

Well he had a donator status so I assumed he wouldn't break the rules.
(10-27-2012, 09:28 PM)Jegowndig Wrote:

Well he had a donator status so I assumed he wouldn't break the rules.

Big mistake, most donors break rules as freely as regular players.

Have a look at the Police RP guides for better understanding or be ready to gather evidence. It is a real shame you had to experience this.
Sadly it's true that nobody takes the police seriously... when they approach a base of somebody, they instantly get gunned down because they fear police to raid, when they chase speeders, 99% of the people don't pull over and the need for police is low, because people tend to take justice into their own hands and just shoot anybody who looks at them weird.

But then again, many, many Officers are just minging around, rather shooting than tazing, thinking they can run around and search every house because "I HEARD CONTRAS LET ME IN OR I SHOOT".
Or y'know, when I come back you could just be my rookie partner for half an hour and see how it's done right. Smile Also, whether someone is donator or not, people try to take advantage of new players such as yourself. This sounds like he tried that.
As stated previously, the job of a Police Officer is a dangerous and difficult one. I dare not count the times I have witnessed my fellow officers gun down pedestrians, endanger lives with reckless driving or abuse their powers. That's why I am greatly pleased when I see an officer act like one, even if he is arresting me.
If we meet each other in-game, feel free to hit me up with a PM and we can do a proper police RP.

Just don't lose faith!
Half of the people you try to pull over will keep driving; the other half will stop, get out, and shoot you because you were apparently 'going to random arrest', 'arrest for stupid reason', 'insert idiotic motive here', etc.

Just because they paid ten bucks for nice clothes and a heart, give or take 100k, doesn't make them honorable people.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • William Lionheart
Post Ban Request and if they "brb" draw on them the whole time so fearrp applies.
I'm a good cop and people who do that against cops should be punished...

Seriously, if you do the crime, you TAKE THE ARREST LIKE A MAN instead of running away...

Cyril was the first and only one to arrest me and he knows that I didn't resist or mingeran or some s***.