Unban Request Axel
Your name: axel

Your ban ID: 16089

Banned by: Vauld

Reason: Fail RP, Random lockpick

Involved: Me, Avsmugen, RAZER, Salinsky

Why we should unban you: I got banned through this ban request: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=19843

Okay, let me start off. At no point in the video is there evidence that the lockpicking was random. I explained the whole situation in my ban request thread, and I will explain it here too. Razer (Mads Verenikin) stabbed my friend to death while I was next to him, and as I was chasing him down he spawned his truck and drove off (which I hope will be in the logs to help me prove my innocence), but I managed to kill him before he could escape. I then ran up to his car and started lockpicking it so that I could drive myself back to town, when I hear some unemployed dude say "do not steal that car" when I was almost finished, so I chose to keep on lockpicking it.

I am not sure what shows in the logs and what doesn't, but there SHOULD be proof that razer killed my friend Avsmugen, spawned his car, and me killing him. However the "evidence" video doesn't prove much except Salinsky backseat administrating.

Take a look at his video again. Look carefully. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...NDD3D_BDXY

You can clearly see that when he first turns on his flashlight, I am not facing him. When I do face him, his flashlight is in my face, rendering me unable to see him (you can try this on your own), and why on EARTH would I expect him to have a gun out? When he then starts shooting, I hop in the car hoping to escape a man trying to kill me for no apparent reason (in a roleplay manner I feared for my life just as I would in real life). If you're reading this, imagine someone is firing a pistol towards you, at close range. Would you try to escape using the unlocked car next to you, or would you stay there and let him shoot you to death? Since the first thing he did was to start spraying bullets and not giving off even a warning shot, the thought of stopping never even passed my thoughts.

The duration of the ban (4 days and 21 hours) is according to me very harsh with evidence this vague.
Okay let's count the things wrong with this video.

#1: You clearly have sound, because you responded to him, so why when he shot at you did you just casually drive away

#2: A flash light doesn't blind you....

#3: 5 Days isn't harsh.

#4: I dun care whatcha say, you clearly broke Fear RP.
Okay, I asked my friend Avsmugen to imitate my point of view in the video. Please take a look at the pictures below.
[Image: 1d76834ad7a703eba8154175e12f0dce.jpg]
[Image: 0fc13c62fd5a4f571b9407a5358c8b15.jpg]
[Image: 70158f414bfc845379642a95c20efd83.jpg]

Do you still not believe that I didn't see his gun? As for the driving off part, you can't seriously tell me that I'm supposed to stop the car and jump out, exposing myself when there is an unknown armed seemingly insane man spraying me with bullets... THAT if anything would be fail rp. It wasn't really casually driving off since I put the pedal to the metal. I'm being 100% honest here man, I wouldn't make an unban request if I knew I deserved the ban!
It was not backseat administration as I somewhat RPed the situation out.

You keep calling me a backseat admin, simply because I succesfully banrequested you. You not seeing my gun is utter bullshit, there was a car right next to you, a tides truck to be exact, the light also falls on that but for some reason in your "simulation" there's no car that can be compared to the Tides truck (Size-wise). Also you got the angle wrong and the location. It ocurred near the tunnel entrance, where you can still see plenty of light from the map itself.

Under gunpoint -> Gets in car.

Reaction as in real life? I think not. In real life you wouldn't get in a car within 0.5 seconds by pressing a key. You would have to open the door, get in the seat, start the engine etc. etc. by the time you'd have all that done (You're panicing also, which likely increases the action-time aswel), 20 bullets would be in your head and 20 hulls would be on the ground.

Simple as this - You broke fear RP, got enraged that I killed you and had evidence that it was infact not a backseat administrating action because I even warned you once or twice not to steal his car, ICly, my job was Minge Buster because I had only come to V33x to record minges and rulebreakers, to then post banrequests.

I don't see why you got so mad, if you had acted a little more mature, instead of claiming that I suffer from autism (Which is a pretty low way to enter a discussion. Really.) I would have had more understanding for your situation. Sadly I know a bit of psychology and here's the thing: If someone is REALLY innocent, they would not jump into defence right away. They would simply not care because they KNOW they are innocent.

With all due respect, Salinsky.

Edit:

Also, you rallied up your friends to all go against me. It was a nice 1 on 1 discussion, but you just had to stoop to a 10-year-old's level. Needing your friends to back you up... Hah, nothing easier to manipulate than your friends if it comes to banrelated subjects. I argued with you alone, you chose to group up and say hurtful things (I am in no way affected by what you said, you actually made my day by responding the way you did)

I really hope this opens your eyes in some way.
(10-26-2012, 11:45 PM)Salinsky Wrote: It was not backseat administration as I somewhat RPed the situation out.

You keep calling me a backseat admin, simply because I succesfully banrequested you. You not seeing my gun is utter bullshit, there was a car right next to you, a tides truck to be exact, the light also falls on that but for some reason in your "simulation" there's no car that can be compared to the Tides truck (Size-wise). Also you got the angle wrong and the location. It ocurred near the tunnel entrance, where you can still see plenty of light from the map itself.

Under gunpoint -> Gets in car.

Reaction as in real life? I think not. In real life you wouldn't get in a car within 0.5 seconds by pressing a key. You would have to open the door, get in the seat, start the engine etc. etc. by the time you'd have all that done (You're panicing also, which likely increases the action-time aswel), 20 bullets would be in your head and 20 hulls would be on the ground.

Simple as this - You broke fear RP, got enraged that I killed you and had evidence that it was infact not a backseat administrating action because I even warned you once or twice not to steal his car, ICly, my job was Minge Buster because I had only come to V33x to record minges and rulebreakers, to then post banrequests.

I don't see why you got so mad, if you had acted a little more mature, instead of claiming that I suffer from autism (Which is a pretty low way to enter a discussion. Really.) I would have had more understanding for your situation. Sadly I know a bit of psychology and here's the thing: If someone is REALLY innocent, they would not jump into defence right away. They would simply not care because they KNOW they are innocent.

With all due respect, Salinsky.

Edit:

Also, you rallied up your friends to all go against me. It was a nice 1 on 1 discussion, but you just had to stoop to a 10-year-old's level. Needing your friends to back you up... Hah, nothing easier to manipulate than your friends if it comes to banrelated subjects. I argued with you alone, you chose to group up and say hurtful things (I am in no way affected by what you said, you actually made my day by responding the way you did)

I really hope this opens your eyes in some way.

What you know about psychology and wether or not you have mental disorders are irrelevant to this discussion. YOU chose to begin arguing in OOC instead of /pm as I was doing, which led my friends to jump in the discussion.

And did you look at the pictures? The distance to the end of the tunnel is pretty much exactly the same as in your video. And what does it matter if there is no tides truck next to the other person? As you might know, if you point a flashlight towards the truck from your angle, the light does not bounce back towards you. I didn't see your weapon, and anything else is a lie. I am defending myself because I know I'm innocent.
Ahem, let me demonstrate.

In the picture below I am standing very near the tunnel entrance, even closer than the two of you were standing yet my character model is nothing more than a silhouette, you can just barely make out the white sleeves. The red line drawn is where the conversion from dark<->light happens.
[Image: s.gif]
Here I am standing on the other side of the line:
[Image: f.gif]
And here from another angle, the red line illustrates where the two of you were standing:
[Image: g.gif]

I cannot see how what kind of car was used is relevant? It is not the car he didn't see, he didn't see your weapon. He had no idea that he was under gunpoint until you started shooting, which you did a mere millisecond after typing out your warning.

Furthermore, the reason you didn't want him to steal the car was because you thought he was just stealing it for no reason. Isn't that what you were doing, minge busting? You said that while you were "minge busting" you didn't take part in any RP, that you simply filmed minges in order to get evidence on them. Then explain why you intervene in RP situations. So to conclude that:
You see a player stealing a car, you assume it's a random steal and switch on Fraps in order to get evidence on him.
Now that's all fair and square but here comes the kicker:
Your minge busting is what got you into the situation, something that you do out of character but then you suddenly pull a gun and go back into character. Now, when OOC and IC blends together we get something called metagaming, which is bad.

Regarding the pararells you draw to real life, how many ordinary citizens go around gunning down car thieves? Your defence was (and you wrote this in global OOC) that the world is a ****ed up place. That kind of reasoning is the same reasoning people who put their jobs as "Serial Killer" use. Car thefts are meant for the police to sort out, gunning down people who you consider to be minges promotes aggressive RP.

Oh and grouping up against you? I was the only other person Axel was talking to. Any other people saying things to you did so without any rallying, they probably just had prior experience with you. I also wrote to you with PMs instead of OOC but you still answered in OOC for some reason.

Either way, if he couldn't see the gun he didn't have anything to be afraid of. If you had announced that you were in fact pointing a gun at him that would have been something else entirely. You're not suggesting that if someone starts shooting at you, you just stand there and take it? In those kind of situations there are two options, fight or flight. With no chance with a pair of fists against a pistol the only logical reason is to flee.

I hope this opens your eyes in some way.
(See? I can be patronizing too.)
Couldn't agree more with Avsmugen's post. Is framing someone a bannable offense? If not, then at least it can be concluded that Salinsky was in fact backseat administrating. If you're reading this Vauld, please take every bit of we've written into thought before making your decision of whether to approve my unban request or not.
(10-26-2012, 04:51 PM)Vauld Wrote: Okay let's count the things wrong with this video.

#1: You clearly have sound, because you responded to him, so why when he shot at you did you just casually drive away

#2: A flash light doesn't blind you....

#3: 5 Days isn't harsh.

#4: I dun care whatcha say, you clearly broke Fear RP.