What do you think of Global Warming?
(11-06-2012, 03:37 PM)Captain Mathias Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 09:02 AM)Zealord Wrote: My opinion about global warming is that it can't be prevented. It just can't. Global warming occurs naturally, but due to us humans and our industry, we speed up this process incredibly.

Those windmill parks for electricity etc. are horrible for our ecosystem; disturbing wind flows. Canalization leads to floods because the water flow is too fast. And building more buildings and asphalt leads to rain not being able to penetrate earth. The only real thing that might save our planet at least a bit is solar panels, but that process will at least take a couple of dozen years. That is if all countries would participate, which they will definitely will not. I think economy and limited resources will kill us first, not global warming though.

Actually its not only humans. Some NASA-related guys found out that the sun also are a huuuge part of global warming. Not only humans. (Sure they're also a big part.)
Yeah, if we wouldn't use so much CO2 to thicken the ozone layer the sun wouldn't be a big part in global warming anymore

(11-08-2012, 10:08 AM)Ghost_walker Wrote: Now i am not well read in Globalwarming because we don't learn about it in swedish schools (Thank you swedish education once again you have fucked up) Anyway i do have some thoughts of it but since i am not well read in it i would suggest that you dismiss my ideas of it as ramblings of a madman.

Anyway i think that global warming is bullshit although there are evidence that it does exists (for example its starting to snow earlier and earlier in Sweden but we get less and less snow) but i can't believe that it can be dangerous to the planet in anyway.
Because it get's hotter, that's why it doesn't snow as much. Soon it will get to hot and the poles will melt. That's why it's dangerous, or life threatening if you will..
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
-support
Are we really having this discussion?
Lol.

This title thread reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwELajFte...re=branded
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
Summary:

It is a natural cycle that the Earth does. It warms up....then cools. Climate change is the reason for Ice Ages, like the Ice Age we are currently in. It can not be prevented but can be slowed down. Human activity is a factor in speeding this process up. Carbon Dioxide along with Methane and Water Vapor are released into the atmosphere (Natural Cycle) but add the human activity there is more CO2 and Methane which in turn speeds this cycle up. The cycle clearly works at an adaptable pace! Speeding this up means various species can not adapt fast enough and will eventually die.

Anyone wish to add to this?
Regards,
aviator
You can think of the human pollution as a catalysis of global warming. Its natural, several factors play in, volcanoes, ice ages etc.
There is only about 0.04% carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today, which is a lot compared to the 60's (See picture)
[Image: 800px-Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide-en.svg.png]

The 'global warming' can't be stopped, but it can be slowed down. Some people believe it doesn't even exist.
The following 2 users Like Fleet Admiral Zapington's post:
  • aviator, Haarek
Good graph, this clears some things up.
Regards,
aviator