Asking for a search warrant
Indeed, it is all up the situation, maybe we can get an admin to clarify?
I've had it before that when on patrol trough the apartments on V2 i was checking the empty apartments for anything suspicious . One time i stumbled on a unowned , closed door that was still for sale , so my first thought: Hmm this is interesting . So i took out my battering ram , opened the door and found a tiny contraband supply say 2 druglabs and 1 money printer. All the other door's inside where opened , unowned and for sale . Is this legit able or not?

Another thing i need to know now because i had the situation occur the other day. Me and a colleague patrol where checking the area at the flea market , there we found a body of a dead cop . My colleague saw somebody run inside to the apartments so we went inside to hear if the person was a witness to the crime , when we entered the first thing we did was check the lower floor to look for witnesses. All doors where unowned besides the last one , we knocked on the door and waited a couple of seconds to see if the person would open the door. While we wait an arrest warrant has been requested by the police commander for THIS person in particular and was given by the president (Not going to say the name to avoid discussion) . So our instant reaction was the guy fled from the scene and is inside his house hiding from the police (In reality you wouldn't know who owned the apartment but in this case the name was on the door) , i took it up on myself to check inside the apartment and opened the door with my battering ram. The door opened , we looked inside where we found nobody nor anything illegal. As we where on our way back to the hallway the person comes rushing in and heard the police commander yell: "ARREST THAT MAN!" My colleague instantly reacts , tazed the man and arrests him before he could do anything. This person immediately began to rage yelling : random arrest , random taze , claiming we trashed his apartment , started flaming and threatened with a ban request . Even if we explained the situation he kept raging even claiming we said he killed the person while it was not . In the end we managed to somewhat "cool him down" and left it be . The taze and the arrest happened quickly after each other so there was little time for me to interrupt it. The man was wanted .

Did we do anything wrong in here ? I need to know a lot more details because i want to create an RP event soon and i want to know if I'm missing something before i start
From what I have gathered you wouldn't be able to request a search warrant on an unowned door anyway, whilst I wouldn't advise bashing open all unowned doors you find I don't see much wrong with that points.

As for the second point, again I personally don't see much wrong with it. You were asked to arrest the man whom had not only a search but and arrest warrant on him, doing your duty.
It sounds to me like he was annoyed he had been arrested.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • William Lionheart
Make a regulation against walls, must have seethrough fences. Instant success.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • William Lionheart
Adam you're right he was really annoyed with it and he's a known person who gets fussed up about most things and thinks he can get away with everything

Toxic that's a great idea , thanks