Roleplay Ideas For SS.
I just thought that I'd make a quick list of things for the SS to do to make the job a bit more lively and fun becuase for the most part, the SS is quite a boring job when you aren't responding to calls. So here's a few ideas for the SS members to do when in the nexus:

- Come up with callsigns for individual members. The radio can get confusing when everybody is talking over it and it can be difficult to determine who is saying what to who, callsigns are used by all public services and they would also add a bit of realism to the radio chat, E.G your team might be called Zulu squad, so the HSS' callsign might be Zulu 1 and his team members might be: Zulu 2, Zulu 3 and Zulu 4.

- PT (physical training) sessions. As the SS are an elite force, it's only natural for them to stay in shape. Building an obstacle/assualt course or have them doing squats/runs to various places around the nexus is always a good idea to break the boredom up.

- Sing cadences while marching around the nexus. Nexus patrols can be boring, so the HSS should get his squad together for a team patrol of the nexus and have them sing songs together while doing it.

- Shooting ranges. The SS have to be highly skilled with the weapons at their disposal, otherwise, if a weapon call happens or the police are meeting heavy resisstance and require backup and the SS can't shoot straight, they may as well turn up with sticks and rocks.

- Riot control sessions. The SS have riot shields but are hardly ever used, and in real life this type of team would have to respond to riots so some training in the matter would help, if the HSS can get some civillians to volunteer as pretend rioters to allow the SS some riot control training, they'll be better prepared for if it does happen.

- Formation lessons. Teaching the squad members different patrol formations and stances will help when having to deal with a riot, or If the admins have made a zombie/disaster RP and they have to go out to save civillians or retrieve items, it would look a bit more proffessional if they go out in formations, not to mention cooler.

Hope this helps to make SS roleplay a bit more fun and add a passive roleplay element to it, rather than just tazing and killing criminals or raiders. :3
That's pretty cool ideas you got there, Thanks.

-Sylux
Definitely like the idea of callsigns, I've already seen many people doing this. The idea of PT and shooting ranges can be formed into one tactical session. You could set up a training area whereby you work on forms of entry (Who goes in first, who backs up who etc.) and then how to respond to different situations.

The only thing about this, if you're going to be using live rounds than make sure people know. Or else you'll get calls in the radio 'OMG raiiid!'
-Support

I think that people already know what to expect if they dontate although I can definitely see where you're coming from .
(10-16-2012, 04:23 PM)GRiiM Wrote: -Support

I think that people already know what to expect if they dontate although I can definitely see where you're coming from .

Umm, wrong thread? http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=19469
Lol...
(10-16-2012, 04:23 PM)GRiiM Wrote: -Support

Lolwat

OnT: This sounds great. People need to understand that the SS do not only guard the President 100% of their time. I mean they have their own floor on v33x and why not just use the Garage or 2nd floor on v2d for other stuff than just top floor with their Pres?
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
I was thinking that people should use the garage, there's what? two seperate floors that aren't being used for anything? You could restrict access to one of them and have it for SS use only, unless civillians have volunteered for the riot training, then allow them in.
The following 1 user Likes trouserlessliam's post:
  • Infernaw
(10-17-2012, 01:46 PM)trouserlessliam Wrote: I was thinking that people should use the garage, there's what? two seperate floors that aren't being used for anything? You could restrict access to one of them and have it for SS use only, unless civillians have volunteered for the riot training, then allow them in.

It is also a clever idea, because the majority of raiders will enter the garage expecting the SS to be on the top floor. Imagine the surprise on their faces when they see 4 fully armed men doing elite tactical training and physically demanding assault courses. xP
(10-17-2012, 03:37 PM)Adman Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 01:46 PM)trouserlessliam Wrote: I was thinking that people should use the garage, there's what? two seperate floors that aren't being used for anything? You could restrict access to one of them and have it for SS use only, unless civillians have volunteered for the riot training, then allow them in.

It is also a clever idea, because the majority of raiders will enter the garage expecting the SS to be on the top floor. Imagine the surprise on their faces when they see 4 fully armed men doing elite tactical training and physically demanding assault courses. xP

Speaking of which Tounge

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=19433

OP: Good ideas, will be good to see HSS getting things like this organized.