Unban Request
Your name: i liek turtlez

Your ban ID: 15470
Banned by: Termin

Reason: NLR,disconnect to avoid arrest

Involved: DarkSider
Why we should unban you: I was about to log from the server (there were maybe 10 people on the server max) when I sold my weed to the guy in the alley and decided to go into the nexus. I got to the presidential floor and walked to where the nexus security was. Out of nowhere, DarkSider comes from behind me and randomly cuffs me. I ask what I'm doing wrong and he says trespassing. I just wanted to have a meeting with the president. I tell him I'll just leave please uncuff me, won't do it. So I just suicided. I admit that was wrong. Also admit it was wrong to break NLR so that I could mic chat with him. I just think that this is a misunderstanding.. I think 5 days is a pretty hefty ban considering I didn't really do anything to anybody... when I disconnected to avoid arrest it was because I was at the bottom of nexus elevator and was insta cuffed. Not to mention one of my suicides was caused because DarkSider Tased/woke me up which caused me to fall a second time. I was logging anyways it wasn't like i disconnected to avoid anything I was logging off anyways..
I understand there may have been an accident, but 3 times d/c or suicide? And you cannot rejoin just because you were cuffed at the elevator, you know it is trespassing and he had every right to cuff you. None of the cuffs were 'random'.
I only suicided one time.. which was when I asked to be uncuffed.

The second time I went up is when he tased me into a suicide. In chat he said "fuck him" clearly signaling that he had zero remorse for me suiciding.

When I went back the third time just to vent, he insta cuffed me at the bottom of the elevator. That's when I DC'd and went to bed. Around midnight EST.

Like I said, I didn't really commit any crazy atrocities that ruined any RP I just felt that the initial cuffing was out of nowhere, like I said he came from behind me when I was in first-person and I appear cuffed. Ask him to uncuff me or let me go, and he won't do it.

I understand I broke NLR and suicided but I didn't really do all that much.. sorry if this is a huge infraction but I honestly can't see any real harm I've committed here.
If you were leaving or not, this ruins the game for other players. The fact you still disconnected to avoid the situation, you should wait until that situation is over. You still broke the rules and you are being punished because of that. Regarding the one when he tazed you into a suicide I will check the logs again.
(10-09-2012, 06:46 PM)Termin Wrote: If you were leaving or not, this ruins the game for other players. The fact you still disconnected to avoid the situation, you should wait until that situation is over. You still broke the rules and you are being punished because of that. Regarding the one when he tazed you into a suicide I will check the logs again.
Look, I apologize for disconnecting when I'm going to bed anyways. At that particular point I just didn't want to deal with the situation anymore. The fact that his gameplay was ruined because he couldn't put me in the cell for 5 minutes is kind of sad. I'm just saying... less than 10 people on the server, it wasn't like I was disrupting any kind of meaningful RP in the graveyard hours of the server.

If I ever run into a situation like this before I log, I'll make sure to let them know in local OOC or RP out of the situation.. I was just annoyed and instead of blowing up I disconnected and diffused the situation. I'm just saying I understand what I did wrong and it won't happen again, but 5 days and I don't even get a chance to defend myself on the BR, it goes through when I'm sleeping..
I can see where you are coming from, I will reduce it by 2 days. So it is a 3 day ban for, suicide to avoid arrest, disconnect to avoid arrest and NLR.