Government officials - what you should and should not do
(10-01-2012, 12:09 AM)Harry Ford Wrote: Good guide doomdude! But isn't SS supposed to mainly stay with the president or any other highly elected leaders? If we really need a person to assist on drug raids, or shootouts or just any life threatening case in general just make a SWAT class, which can stay in Nexus until called on by a law enforcement unit.Here is what the Secret Service is supposed to do: Protect the president or any foreign official and stop the counterfeiting of money.
Not raid a crack shack or walk down the street in their expensive suit and buying guns and fishes.I would continue on but I think you can see the point.

This is where you get mixed up, SS is NOT Secret Service. The secret service spend all day in offices, protect the President that is true, but also carry out counter-intelligence etc. They tend to wear suits; simply from the model used in the SS you could work out that they are more of a S.W.A.T unit, they spawn with machine guns, are kitted out in combat gear with kevlar etc.

SS stands for Special Service, not Secret Service.

(09-30-2012, 01:29 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Let me make this clear once and for all: Special Services = tactical unit, same as SWAT, SAS, SRU, QRF and the others.

Their primary function is to be a tactical unit, dealing with high risk situations, barricaded suspects, heavily armed criminals, officers under fire, etc operations. Their main function is not to wear suits and protect presidents.

Words from a super admin himself. Though I must add, every SS squad always guards the President, why not? There is little else to do between calls.

EDIT: I don't mean wearing suits, I mean as a visible presence of heavy protection and letting SS respond to the high-risk situations, which don't occur all the time.
Sure, when they've got nothing to do, they should stay in Nexus and their very presence there already increases presidential security. However, that should never be their primary objective.
(10-01-2012, 08:04 AM)Killjoy Wrote: their presence there already increases presidential security. However, that should never be their primary
This is so true, often people are like "What are you going to do little cop?"
As soon as a van with 2 heavily armed SS Agents pulls up they shit their pants.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I am not even going to retype the longwinded argument I had from the older thread. I am going to condence it.

A The Special Service (SS) are to PROTECT the President of EvoCity/EvoCountry.
B The SS are to HELP the Police Force of EvoCity in times of need.

Apart from that, this is a good thread.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
(10-01-2012, 04:18 PM)jonjon1234 Wrote: I am not even going to retype the longwinded argument I had from the older thread. I am going to condence it.

(10-01-2012, 08:04 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Sure, when they've got nothing to do, they should stay in Nexus and their very presence there already increases presidential security. However, that should never be their primary objective.
(10-01-2012, 04:20 PM)Adman Wrote:
(10-01-2012, 04:18 PM)jonjon1234 Wrote: I am not even going to retype the longwinded argument I had from the older thread. I am going to condence it.

(10-01-2012, 08:04 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Sure, when they've got nothing to do, they should stay in Nexus and their very presence there already increases presidential security. However, that should never be their primary objective.

I know, it was not in the OP when I last checked.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Fair enough.
Great guide and i completely agree with everything. Although i have to say as commander if there's barely any cops I tend to patrol as well giving the RIGHT example to other officers. As for the SS , you're absolutely right . I think only ONE SS should guard the president when they got nothing to do but not constantly the same guy switch in turns like as one guards the president another one patrols the building for example also in turns. I always kinda think its weird when i accidentally stop on the SS floor and get out , I never see a single SS on that floor only when they spawn. They all hurdle up on the top floor with the president , while their own floor where they are supposed to have their desks there. They should be role playing they check intelligence , hold a briefing on a possible raid or when its over debrief it. I really need to donate I've always wanted to be SS an do a proper SS rp
I've tried doing a decent SS roleplay, like an actual tactical team / intelligence agency, most people will not participate though. Not to mention the president not demoting them for not following ordera.
A pretty pivotal necessity for maintaining a decent SS RP is a President who is cooperative. I like to organise my men, give them new ranks etc. and explain certain factors such as the rules of engagement, protocol for SS back-up and a DefCon system adapted to Nexus raids.