[Guide] Government Explanation: Chain of Command
Hello Fearless, this is my first guide. The reason for this piece of text is the fact that I have noticed a lot of people mixing up who has authority over who within the Government itself. This guide is mean to clear that up!

CHAIN OF COMMAND

(The list will be from top to bottom)

- The President/Dictator
The sole leader of the city and of it's Government. Has full authority over the Special Services, the Police and the Auxiliary Services.

- The Head of Special Services
The leader of the Special Services team. Directly in charge of the President's security, and of high-risk operations.

- Agent of the Special Services
A member of the Special Services team. Under direct authority of the Head of the Special Services. Acts as Presidential guard and as an emergency response unit.

- The Police Commander
Commander and Chief of the entire Police force of Evo City. His duty is to coordinate the Police officers and make sure the city runs smoothly.

-The Police Officer
A Police officer of the city. Under direct authority of the Police Commander. Is to maintain law and order and to obey the Commander's orders.

- Fireman/Paramedic/Nexus Desk Secretary
Member of the Auxiliary Services. In no way a less important part of the Government. They have no direct commander, instead they are supposed to answer to requests from the Government and from citizens.

NOTES
This is the part of the guide that handles the conflict situations

1. The President/Dictator is never allowed to post laws, or order any government official or player to break the server rules. That is a serious offence and should not only be disobeyed, but reported as well.
2. The Head of the SS and the Police Commander conflict. This issue has come up quite a few times and the answer is simple. The Head of the SS has authority only over his SS agents, not over the officers or the Commander. Likewise, the Commander can only order his officers around, not the SS or the Firemen/Paramedics/Nexus Desk Secretaries.
3. Cooperation. Because of the authority restrictions Government officials are inclined to cooperate. Cooperation is the key to a successful government, practice it often.
4. Overstepping boundaries. From time to time, a situation may arise where some players might have overstepped their boundaries, and interfered with another official's work. In these situations use common sense to resolve them, as making a full-proof guide would take a lot of pages and would probably be incomprehensible.
5. If in doubt, ask. If you are unsure what to do, (and the situation is not a critical one) ask someone on the server. But be careful, and do not take a single opinion for granted.
6. Lethality. As a guide for the Government, I feel I must add this part to it. Lethality is a huge problem with the current player base on both servers, especially with something that has as much abuse potential as a job of a Police officer or SS agent. Remember, as Government officials, you are to try to avoid using lethal force.

Finishing remarks
I just hope that this short and (hopefully) comprehensible guide assist new and old players in making any Government RP easier and more enjoyable for everyone.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Callos
Good work. Thread approved.
Guide by Doom = helpful!
I forgot about this one Smile.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Another good guide from Doomdude. Nice one mate. Keep up the good work. I can't really recommend anything, it is that good. Smile
Regards,
aviator