Chain of Command
(09-25-2012, 04:48 PM)jonjon1234 Wrote: -snip-

Nope! Wrong

Take a chill pill guys
Stop arguing over that
I have something that will prevent you from starting bitching at each other
This \/
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=1064
There is no point arguing over the role of these teams. Jonjon is correct in saying they are a force whose primary objective is Presidential protection, whereas their secondary objective is to offer an armed response to a heavy engagement; it is here where Doom compares them to S.W.A.T, rightly so.

This isn't really negotiable, that is the way it is. The chain of command that Doom has pointed out makes sense, as ideally the SS would have little contact with the police. The Police Commander would then command the entire police force, (Here things get a little blurry with the real world, is he a patrolling, on duty commander or more similar to a Comissioner?) in their day to day actions. This works fine in 'peace time' where the SS organise the defence and protection of the Nexus and the President, under orders from the HSS, and therefore the President himself. The Police Commander wouldn't order around SS during this sort of situation.

However, it is when there is an engagement where things differ. Should the SS be called to an scenario, then it makes sense that the SS would not take charge so to speak, but in heat of the moment decisions order police on formations etc. I.e 'Move up, you guys first, crouch behind here, find cover.' Here, either commander could give orders but the Head of the Special Service would be the highest ranked; this is one of his trained fields.

Realistically, neither commander would command the other's troops, they are different divisions. The way Doom has pointed it out would work perfectly. Enzyme also has a valid point, indicating that sometimes the Head of SS would need to order police, due to their inability as new players. Though from what I can gleam this would be for defence of the Nexus, and would thus come under their jurisdiction anyway.