A sense of accomplishment...
Hey everyone my name is VerteX. I felt like posting this and I know some if not all of you will not really care but you know.

So basically, I've been working with a Mental Healthcare group for almost two years now and it's actually been my first real job. Before this I worked in a Pizza shop and a Nightclub. I'm 19 now going on 20 but I started working with Mental Health at the age of 18. I never really saw myself getting much out of it and I always kept saying to myself that I need to get out of here and work for a better company if I'm going to stick this Mental Health work out.

I never really pushed myself to do anything and it was just out of sheer luck that I got the job in the first place because to be honest, I knew nothing about Mental Health at the time... just did a lot of research before my interview.

Ok so I'm now almost finished my 2nd year here and I woke up one day and decided I'm gunna work for a better company, so I started looking for positions with the NHS. I got so many application rejections that it was knocking my self confidence down but I had a lucky break... I was offered an interview for a Medium Secure Service and because of the work I'm already doing, I'd learnt so much that I actually nailed my interview with them and was offered a position.

As if, after a year of grafting and searching, I'm 4 weeks away from finishing my notice of resignation from my current employer... and then I start working for the National Healthcare Service in Mental Health (NHS). This is such a step up and it's such a hard company to get into but I did it and I really feel a sense of accomplishment in myself. Like all my work and effort has finally paid off!

Sorry to bore you with this Smile

Just wanted to share it... it is off-topic afterall Cheese
The following 2 users Like VerteX's post:
  • Adman, Gamesdude109
Congratulations. I actually cannot bear thinking about my future career lifestyle considering how many young people end up in unemployment.

You have gotten a job that you worked for and are clearly happy with, that is good for you dude!

I myself would like to study Medicine and eventually become a Surgeon. Perhaps becoming a GP for a private firm later in life.
The following 2 users Like Adman's post:
  • VerteX, Gamesdude109
(09-20-2012, 03:44 PM)Adman Wrote: Congratulations. I actually cannot bear thinking about my future career lifestyle considering how many young people end up in unemployment.

You have gotten a job that you worked for and are clearly happy with, that is good for you dude!

I myself would like to study Medicine and eventually become a Surgeon. Perhaps becoming a GP for a private firm later in life.

Yes doing something like that Adman would be a brilliant career choice and the money would be amazing. I want to do this for approximately 3 years then go and do Mental Health Nursing.
Well that's quite interesting
It could be in discussion session too
But I tell you what
Every time you feel like you want some feedback or share your accomplishments, always feel free to post them here. I love reading and discussing what people achieve in their lives
Nevertheless I'm pretty happy for you! Don't really know how I will start my career. Before I gone to USA I always worked as a courier. For I really love walking across the Moscow! ^_^
But I'm pretty happy with your success for certain! In addition what you are doing is such a good for the people and wish you just to get great with it! Smile
The following 1 user Likes Dr Tomorrow's post:
  • VerteX
(09-20-2012, 04:00 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Well that's quite interesting
It could be in discussion session too
But I tell you what
Every time you feel like you want some feedback or share your accomplishments, always feel free to post them here. I love reading and discussing what people achieve in their lives
Nevertheless I'm pretty happy for you! Don't really know how I will start my career. Before I gone to USA I always worked as a courier. For I really love walking across the Moscow! ^_^
But I'm pretty happy with your success for certain! In addition what you are doing is such a good for the people and wish you just to get great with it! Smile

Thank You Smile
Pleasure to hear how you've managed to keep your head up and aim higher even though you received rejections etc.
Congratulatiosn with it and best of luck further on! Smile