Unperma Request
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
My past with Blackdog is not all too well the greatest and there are reasons for this, but I'd like to look at this from a observers perspective. I always like to put some input on these kinds of things.

Now as Faustie stated, I wish to look at this objectively in my otherwise biased since of mind. Blackdog, as many other admins, used the tools at hand whether to advantage or to promote passive RP. Blackdog has wished to stated that his use of tools were to promote passive RP among the players of FL. This first off is a clear mistake on the admin part, I can understand the higher prop limit with the becoming of an admin, but it is clearly on fault that these tools were not originally blocked for the admins as well. Nonetheless Blackdog still broke the rule of tool abuse, which he ought have known. The idea that, "Other admins have committed." is an utter place of blame on others, which is completely faulted. It's similar to me saying, "Well that guy propkilled some guy, so that means I can do that too."; simply just a childish misconception. You all well know as well as other admins, that when discovered committing abuse whether it be major or something minor like tool abuse, there are later consequences. Fortunately no punishment for the said accusation was not given to you at the time as an admin. Now your clear mistake was abuse of the Advance Dupe system, you continued to use the magnetized bases (Which I believe are also molotov proof) after your time as admin was over. You were making a clear attempt to use items and tools that other players were barred from using to your advantage. This being said all use of said tools should then be banned to prevent further seizure of admins tool after the admins time of serving is up. In the end, the ones that continued to abuse it have been banned. You being one of the bigger ones. I would understand if it was the use of a magnetized dupe once or maybe twice, but you continually used these to your advantage; MULTIPLE times that is. The consequences were of admin choice and therefore determined by her. You knew the rules and you are there to follow them as every other player must; you aren't exempted for being an ex-admin, but actually put under a higher standard, one which you have failed to live up to. Under the said circumstances, I would support Ruxandra on this one.

As Killjoy has mentioned,
Pay attention to your signature for a moment.
Blackdog Wrote:Ive been perma for:"Working against the unity and stability of the admin team" for having "intentions opposite the community" and that I "shouldn't be a part of FL anymore" How nice...

Clearly this was something unneeded and a grasp at public outcry in my view. This should have all been dealt with privately, but you as not only a member, but a once respected ex-admin, decided to plague the forums with this sense of humility. Someone as respected as you and considered loyal, would clearly understand the circumstances that led to your ban and taken them on willingly. This again taken as immature letting down yourself more than anyone.

The downturn first began when FUMUKU changed from a passive RP clan to a more aggressive clan. This included and was not limited to aggressive contracts/strong-arming with the government, raiding players for contraband just for the hell of it, and using the said tools to our advantage in these raids. You stopped doing the normal passive RP events that you had done before. From my experience on the server with your RP, this 'passive RP' was quite limited to a group rather than the whole server as claimed. The only exception was the FUMUKU monorail, but then even was made by abusing tools that you swore to not use as an admin (This did kill a considerable amount of players in its beginning stages and also led to server crashes at some points). The said RP may have promoted passiveness, but thereafter ruined others passive RP by crashing the server.

I want to go off on a tangent of what Faustie stated:

Quote:It seems BlackDog was originally banned after he and a few other members of the community used a quote from Ruxandra in his forum signature. The ban was permanent, and I agreed with BD that the punishment was far too harsh, a warning should've been used instead and a ban only issued if they refused to remove it. After a while, Rux did remove the bans, but expected an apology. Most of the people did apologize after I spoke to them, but BD refused to - Some admins thought this was too cocky, some thought it ok. I'm on the fence about this, after the very unfair ban he has a right to voice his opinion, I don't want censorship, I want my admins to know what is not ok. I'll take this opportunity to remind my team, YOU ARE NOT GODS, AND YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE. So am I. Hell, so is Soul in a way.

Admins are not vulnerable to the rules as they seem to be, this being seen in recent activities from several admins. He knowingly bashed both players and admins, as well. My point is this being is that Blackdog had become completely over-confident about his said status and this being verified by conversations we have had both in the server and on the forums. Blackdog all well knew his actions and as once an admin is expected to follow that higher standard and not expected to be hypocritical about it either. Being said, further action was thus taken for that. This should have been discussed and approved by other admins, as other players have to do with similar situations. This was not done and the consequences have come down on him.

My suggestion is you get rid of the witnesses to the said events, this is only going to lead to further bias and bending of the truth. Maybe not a permanent ban, but a severe ban for the amount of actions that he has committed, not only hurting passive RP, but tarnishing the communities identity of professionalism especially in their admins.

Faustie Wrote:So, what do I think? Yes, BD broke a few rules, perhaps FUMUKU had gone too far, but this kind of treatment is unacceptable - Multiple permabans and a clan closure only in spite are way, way out of line, and not in line with the standards I expect from this community. So, we will now review this properly, starting now.

This being said, I believe there were only two permanent bans: One issued via Console and another by Ruxandra. These were not out of spite, but out of recent recurring actions that have been committed; standards that have been lowered due to events such as these. The idea, if any sense of unbanning, should still be long enough to get the point across that rules are rules (1-3 Months would be plenty long enough to forgive and forget on both sides), and a long blacklist of PTE (Due to the confirmed accusations) along with a probational period to see if this is truly how he claims as a passive role-player.

Messages In This Thread
Unperma Request - by BlackDog - 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by Ruxandra - 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by BlackDog - 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by Ruxandra - 09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by Dubwub - 09-18-2012, 09:07 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by BlackDog - 09-18-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by Ruxandra - 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by SoulRipper - 09-18-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by BlackDog - 09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by Ruxandra - 09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Unperma Request - by Killjoy - 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM