http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...d=92916900

Open world zombie survivial game
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
LATURA: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...searchtext=

No. It's not Minecraft. Read the description

Spoiler :
* KEEP IN MIND THAT THE GAME IS CURRENTLY IN THE PRE-ALPHA STAGES ***

Latura is a voxel-based sandbox game focused around allowing the player to create and destroy, survive harsh terrains and explore amazing landscapes. You can use advance your technology using the resources available to you in order to invent and forge new creations. Inspired by games such as Minecraft, Infiniminer, Spore and Dwarf Fortress, Latura puts not only the world - but also the universe - at your fingertips. What will you do with it?

A note from the team!
We're aware that the game is 'similar' to Minecraft right now, in many aspects. Our game's only been in development for a month and a half, so cut us some slack. We're still in the pre-alpha stages, and will have much more to show later in the month. Don't just call it a clone and shrug it off, it's not a finished game yet. If our pre-alpha is so similar to Minecraft, imagine how great the final version will be. A video will be up sometime in the next week.

The engine is almost complete and we're only now beginning to build the content on top of it. As said, it's only been worked on for a month and a half - more is to come very soon!

CREATE. SURVIVE. ADVENTURE.

Latura provides something for pretty much every kind of gamer. For the people who simply like to enjoy core creative features of a sandbox game, they are able to do so. Through use of having absolutely anything available instantly, players can do more than just create a simple little house, mansion, or castle. Want to alter a world's climate, throwing everything off balance? Go ahead! You still can do things like make castles, though. Castles are always cool.

There will be a survival mode that puts you into the wilderness with nothing, with the only goal being 'survive'. Things start out simple, make some tools, hunt for some meat, gather some water. Later on? They get much more interesting. You'll have cities to manage, possibly, or you'll be the person on your planet with all the power. Survival takes a much different role later in the game, as you fight pirates in space in order to save a shipment of water in order to keep one of your colonies alive.

For people who enjoy following a storyline, exploring, and adventuring, there will be a mode that contains not only stories and adventures created by the likes of our team - but also a way for players to create and share their own stories, mods, textures, and more in an easy-to-use environment. This allows us to also bring fun mods to the forefront for people looking for new things to do!

And for those that keep asking, there will be some kind of structured PvP system. More details to come on that.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

Latura, as mentioned previously, doesn't contain you to a single world. The universe is at your fingertips, all you need to do is find a way to travel around and explore. Many planets will be like your homeworld - which is much like Earth - having polar ice caps, an equator, and biomes to make things interesting. Others, however, will fit the term 'alien' perfectly.

Space travel is going to be in the game. Space combat, as well, will likely be in too. Space cores? Who knows, maybe!

More information!

The game is still in early development, having only started around a month and a half ago, but we're hoping to launch a playable alpha mid-September. If you'd like more information, head over to the Latura site and click on 'Begin your Adventure'!

http://latura.net

Project Zomboid is one great game, although getting lost in the woods is a living hell.
Clan Needed Tounge
(08-31-2012, 01:55 AM)Gamesdude109 Wrote: Project Zomboid is one great game, although getting lost in the woods is a living hell.

That it is for both.

My favorite spot to hunker down at by far is the hardware store near the bank, though lately ive found it gets swarmed alot
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I never heard of this before now. I supported slender: source and project zombie. Both games I want to try out. Good to see that steam is doing this.
Usually I just spend the first week or so stockpiling food and choosing a two-story two-entrance house to barricade myself in. The apartments is pretty good too, because generally if you are on the top floor the zeds ignore you completely for the most part, and since it's located right beside a supermarket it's a win-win situation.
Clan Needed Tounge
I have gone over 156 games and have rated them all...
How can you play a game like Project Zomboid?

It's like Habbo got a terrible flesh-eating disease.

Hate those type of play styles.
The following 1 user Likes Boosted's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate
Gotta vote postal 2 Cheese
The following 1 user Likes Mahti's post:
  • GhostRider
(08-31-2012, 04:40 PM)Mahti Wrote: Gotta vote postal 2 Cheese

Dear god...
The following 1 user Likes SoupCan's post:
  • Ronchiiik