Building a Gaming Rig!
Exclamation 
Hello Guys long time no see! Today i bring news! Im building a Gaming rig and I need help. <3 c;

The games I want it to run

Tribes Ascend - Max Graphics -

Minecaft - 60-oo - Fps

Games such as

Gta IV Max

Crysis 2 - Mediiumish or highish -

PCSX2 - So i can run darkcloud! And get 60-oo Fps! -
(Its a Emulator c:0

And many other Games..

My Laptop Specs
(From Dxdiag)

System Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard

Model : HP PAVILION DV7 4177nr Notebook PC

BIOS : Default

Processor AMD Phenom™ II N640 Dual-core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2,9GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Page File : 356 1MB used, 8202 Available

DX Version : DirectX 11

Graphics Card/Display

ATI Mobility radeon HD 5470
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I was thinking about getting Geoforce. (im building a desktop)

Not sure what specs i should get. or how much they would cost

Last thing to add.

Im getting a desktop Barebones Alienware casee :3 to make it badass

Thats all. thanks for reading this Extremely long ass topic. <3

O ya sue me na sai - good night,
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
Didn't see you mention a budget, but here are a few great components.

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
This can run any game with great settings, as well as display most everything with stunning visual quality.

Processor: Any Intel i7 Quad Core with atleast 3.0GHz.
I'd recommend Intel over AMD. This is due to reliability, reputation, and the fact that I hold a better knowledge about it.

Power Supply: No less than 700W.
Check your graphics card minimum wattage requirements and make sure you meet up to them. Without the correct wattage for your GPU, it will not function properly. Worst case scenario is that it wont be able to power up the card, thus no monitor connection.

Buying an expensive case, hard drive of your preference, and a few other things will run you atleast $700. You might have to pay more, but I am just ballparking.
What specs are you thinking about getting?

Also, the guy above me is a bloke.
Got a few of my facts mixed up. LOLOL
Budget?
(08-15-2012, 09:09 PM)Noobias Wrote: Didn't see you mention a budget, but here are a few great components.

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
This can run any game with great settings, as well as display most everything with stunning visual quality.

Processor: Any Intel i7 Quad Core with atleast 3.0GHz.
I'd recommend Intel over AMD. This is due to reliability, reputation, and the fact that I hold a better knowledge about it.

Power Supply: No less than 700W.
Check your graphics card minimum wattage requirements and make sure you meet up to them. Without the correct wattage for your GPU, it will not function properly. Worst case scenario is that it wont be able to power up the card, thus no monitor connection.

Buying an expensive case, hard drive of your preference, and a few other things will run you atleast $700. You might have to pay more, but I am just ballparking.

NVIDIA GTX 560 is an utter waste of money in comparison to the lower value and higher performing Radeon HD 6870. I wouldn't recommend buying one. Buy a GTX 660 when they are released within the next few weeks.

An i7 is useless unless you plan on doing video rendering, developing, modeling, and coding. The only difference between an i7 and an i5 is the hyperthreading and usually a minor clock speeds above. An i5-2500K or an i5-3570K is perfect for gaming and is also $30 cheaper than the cheapest i7's (2600K and 3770). Also, there is nothing wrong with AMD in reliability. You get what you pay for with an AMD CPU. Considering there use in budget builds, they do have a purpose, which is why they continually sell. AMD CPUs are reliable, they just dont offer the performance based architecture that Intel currently offers (Though in comparison price to performance wise an AMD FX-8120 priced at $150 would be a better budget choice with regards to the slightly better performance in something like Intel's 2500K priced at $70 higher.)

You would never use 700 Watts of power on a modern graphics card and CPU. Consider the fact that most medium range CPUs are 95W Max TDP and the addition of maybe the 200-250 Watts a enthusiast or mainstream level card would use. You could run it off a much cheaper 500W PSU such as the Antec Earthwatts 500W PSU for around $45. The idea that more wattage is better performance is wrong in today's market. Graphics cards are becoming more green and still packing more performance than old gen cards that required more power for lower performance.
The following 3 users Like wweee2345's post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington, earl, Vitrox
In my gaming rig I'm using a MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition. I love it! I can run every game at the highest setting for a cheap price, my brother has the GTX 560, but I really can't spot any differences. It's also bad-ass looking.
[Image: msi-r6850-cyclone-1gd5-power-edition-oc.jpg]
[Image: template.png]
Quote:StillAlive (72)
Positive (+1): Here! Have a point for being almost as awesome as me!
Of all the posts here, wweeee is most on track.
I recently built my first custom desktop...

Case: NZXT Phantom - Black
Mobo: msi Z77A-G45
Processor: Intel i5 2500K
GPU: Radeon HD 6870
PSU: 750W Thermaltake 80+ Bronze
RAM: 16GB (2 x8) [I can up that to 32GB]
Hard Drive: 2TB 7200 RPM Sata 6
SSD: 60GB (Sold State Drive)
Two CD Drives
Monitor: Acer 1920 x 1080 (23")

I don't say you get the same thing I did, but it's a good setup. My only input is take the RAM down to 8GB and get a Solid State drive with at least 128 GB.
XFX Radeon HD 6870 in particular... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814150521 - Serious recommendation, this video card is awesome.
i5-2500K because the i7 is hardly any better, and just more expensive.
I'll stop here...
(08-15-2012, 10:06 PM)Birdie Wrote: Budget?
(08-23-2012, 07:23 PM)Birdie Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 10:06 PM)Birdie Wrote: Budget?

Whats a budget?

Isn't that something birds do?
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • earl