Got scammed, what to do?
Around 5 hours ago I got scammed. Some guy wanted to sell his car for 10.000 and I bought it, I never got the car into my inventory but I didn't know how that worked since I'm kinda new to this. Anyways, I drove off in "my" brand new Golf and some guy came and stole it from me since I didn't found out how to lock it, which didn't matter 'cause I could not have unlocked it afterwards.

I ran after the guy in my car and he crashed a police officer in a tunnel. I said to every nearby officer that he stole my car but they didn't care.

After the incident with the police I died in a tunnel along with the car thief, we got runned over. A couple of minutes after the shit hit the fan my car got, I believe, compounded.

How do I get that car or my money back? Is it possible?
When picking up the car did you press "e" for it to go into your inventory or did you just get in it? If you just got in it, then it still belongs to the other person. If they dropped it from their inventory and you picked it up, then it should have gone in your inventory.
Well, if you have the name of the guy try contacting him.

Otherwhise try contacting Temar or SoulRipper since Scamming is a serious offence.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Ronchiiik
(07-15-2012, 07:28 PM)Termin Wrote: When picking up the car did you press "e" for it to go into your inventory or did you just get in it? If you just got in it, then it still belongs to the other person. If they dropped it from their inventory and you picked it up, then it should have gone in your inventory.

I just got in it and drove away. Didn't know how to get it into my inventory, I thought it would be mine when I jumped in. Should I have hold "e"?

Yeah I know it still belongs to the guy that sold it because the car thief got out of the car and said he was kidding or something but the car was locked and it said the owners name on it.

Maybe I didn't got scammed then. It seems like it was my own fault.
Ohhh, he used the car instead of dropping it? I see..

This guy really tricked you... He didnt drop it, then it would have been appeared with a whiteline around it and faded a bit.

This guy used it, that what you do when you wanna drive it. Whoever did this is a real arse.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Flux
Do you remember the name of the man who did it?

EDIT: Oh, and you might want to say what time this happened if you remember.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(07-15-2012, 11:39 PM)Midget Wrote: Do you remember the name of the man who did it?

I think his name was TYO. His ingame name was pete iris if it helps. I'd say around 2 PM. Don't really know since I live in Sweden. But the time here was 5 PM.
The following 1 user Likes Humla's post:
  • Haarek
(07-16-2012, 04:43 AM)Humla Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 11:39 PM)Midget Wrote: Do you remember the name of the man who did it?

I think his name was TYO. His ingame name was pete iris if it helps. I'd say around 2 PM. Don't really know since I live in Sweden. But the time here was 5 PM.
Great, I can't really do anything about it.
But you should contact an admin through PM. You should ask someone over the rank of regular admin. (Superadmins, Owner, Co-owner)
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Did this ever get resolved? If not, I'd gladly give you the $10,000. Not like I need that much money anyway.
I need the player name of the person you bought it from, then I will transfer the golf to your account.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.