Question: Is this allowed?
I just noticed this thing on v33, some kind of lamp which you are actually able to jump on and go up to the roof. So my question is, the rules says "12. Don't try to get on rooftops and don't build on them either." But that's under the Tools/prop rules. So is it allowed to parkour up on that roof? I've seen other people do it on videos and such.

Screenshot so you understand what I'm talking about: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/918982...7FDBE00EC/

My other question is, backseat admin is banable, but what exactly is backseat admin? In the rules it says - "12. If you see someone breaking the rules, try to warn them. Do not take the situation into your own hands." But if I warn them saying that it ain't right or allowed, it counts as backseat admin, no?

(Maybe I've missed something here, but I just want to get it straight, thanks Smile )
This is bannable, jumping on the rooftops. (I've seen be banned atleast)
Backseat admin is if you see a rule break and start to fight against him to stop him.
Etc lets say there is a propkiller/proppusher attacking everybody, and you decide to build a cage and place him in it, thats bannable.
I belive you can tell him ".// Your are not allowed to be on the rooftop" etc without its backseating.

Hope you understood what I said Tounge
Trex

EDIT : Yes Backseat admin is bannable.
You need to prop climb to get on the lamp Cheese
(07-10-2012, 01:57 PM)Bluerider Wrote: You need to prop climb to get on the lamp Cheese
Not really, ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiLVvrrIo...r_embedded

(07-10-2012, 01:55 PM)Trex Wrote: This is bannable, jumping on the rooftops. (I've seen be banned atleast)
Backseat admin is if you see a rule break and start to fight against him to stop him.
Etc lets say there is a propkiller/proppusher attacking everybody, and you decide to build a cage and place him in it, thats bannable.
I belive you can tell him ".// Your are not allowed to be on the rooftop" etc without its backseating.

Hope you understood what I said Tounge
Trex

EDIT : Yes Backseat admin is bannable.
Yeah, I understood you. Thanks for taking your time to answer. Although some are saying that people are backseat administering when they tell someone that they can't do this or that. Because I believe that sometime when i RP'd I had a person at gunpoint and he started using his radio and moved around alot even though I told him to stop, he didn't so I told him in local OOC that he's breaking fear rp and someone told me that I'm backseat administering, is it really or...?
Nononono, I do this quite alot actually. I mean telling people what to do and what not to do, that is purely helping.

Look at it like this, "You walk down the road and suddenly you see a gun dealer start building a propshop in the walkway or parkinglot, you go over there and ask him to remove it since its public building, that woulndt be backseating adminstration. Backseating adminstration would be breaking the rules to catch a rulebreaker, as if. "Instead of asking the gundealer to remove it you just pull out a gun and a molotov, Kill the gundealer and burn his shop. That would be RDM, Random molotov aswell as backseating adminstration.

I hope this helped you,

Short version: Telling people what to do is NOT backseating adminstration, I do it everyday haven't been banned for it. I see it as helping.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Bandut, Ted
Ah, Thanks ya'll, glad this is settled. Tounge
The lamp isn't a prop but the pole is world prop and using world props to climb on place is propclimbing and this includes cars and people.
The following 2 users Like Mahti's post:
  • equal, Ted